20.

Paul wasn't quite sure what had possessed him to go into the club. It wasn't like he had seen Chris go inside or anything, he had just suddenly felt overcome by the urge to go inside and so Paul had left the cafe, heading across the street to the clubs entrance.

He supposed it could have been boredom, Paul had spent the majority of his time the last week inside that cafe, ordering frappe after frappe with the occasional hot chocolate. Paul never thought that he would find himself getting sick of hot chocolate, and yet, here he was.

Once inside the club, Paul headed back to the booth in which he had sat when Ricky and Vinny had first brought him to there. It felt weird being there alone. There weren't many people, but he supposed that that made sense. After all it was only about two in the day. It would make sense that the club received most of its customers later on.

Contemplating on whether or not to attempt ordering a drink, Paul glanced over at the bar then blinked as he noticed a girl approaching him. She was pretty with dark hair, dark skin and dark eyes. She also didn't look like she could be much older than Paul, and he felt himself wondering what reason this girl could possibly have to not be in school.

"Hey there sugar puff," the girl said, sliding herself into the booth across from Paul who blinked in bewilderment then slowly sat back again, deciding that his drink could wait.

"Hi," he said slowly which for some reason seemed to cause the girl to smile bemusedly.

"You new here?" she asked and Paul bit his lip then nodded.

"I guessed, you looked a bit lost. I'm Aveline."

"Paul."

"Well, nice to meet you Paul."

Looking around, the girl raised an eyebrow before looking back at Paul. "So, where's your master then?" she asked.

Paul blinked.

"I'm sorry, my what?"

"Your master, darkling. They can't be a very good one else they wouldn't have allowed their subjugate to wander off in a place like this all by themselves."

Paul frowned and was just about to begin to explain to the girl that he had absolutely no idea what she was talking about, however just then the door of the club burst open, almost causing Paul to jump out of his skin however his eyes instantly widened and his mouth fell open in shock as he noticed Pat standing in the doorway along with two other boys, both dressed in black, the shorter of the two glaring heavily at the taller who didn't seem to notice his companions evident irritation. He was too busy looking around the club and as soon as his eyes settled on Paul he leant over to whisper something into Pat's ear, Pat's eyes widening and he looked over then made a beeline for Paul as the short guy folded his arms over his chest and huffed.

"So much for acting casual then Ville," he said. "Pretty sure you just notified the whole damn club of our presence."