32.

Pat told Ville almost everything. He told him about how he had went home only to find that there was no one home except his dad and Peter, told him about how weird his dad had been when he had asked where Pablo and Pawel were and about how he had stolen Peter's phone after he had told him about Paul then sprinted downstairs only to out himself in one of the most dramatic ways possible before walking out on his dad, vowing to never return.

By the time he had finished Ville was looking incredibly amused and Pat side eyed the werewolf then curled his fingers into his sleeves.

"So that's what happened," he said eventually. "It was stupid of me, I know but--"

"Stupid?" Ville interrupted. "Sweetheart, that was anything but stupid. In fact I don't believe you could have possibly handled it any better... other than getting Pablo and Pawel out too maybe, but it wasn't your fault they weren't there."

"You think so?"

"Mhm, indeed."

"......Thanks Ville."

"Of course."

Offering Pat a crooked smile Ville reached into the pocket of his raggedy coat and pulled out a cigarette then a lighter. Lighting up, he stuck the cigarette between his teeth.

"So, do you have anywhere to go?" he asked nonchalantly and Pat suddenly felt his heart sink. He had been so desperate to get to Paul that he hadn't even thought about that.

"No.... We don't," he said slowly, watching as Ville puffed out a cloud of smoke before fixing his eyes on Pat who resisted the urge to shrink away and instead met Ville's gaze evenly. Even if the sheer green intensity of it was a little bit distracting.

"Well then, let me make you an offer sweetheart."

Reaching out, Ville cupped Pat's cheek which caused the pink haired boys eyes to widen and he felt his heart rate pick up embarrassingly, Ville half smirking as if he could sense it and Pat found himself wondering if maybe he could. Could werewolves sense those kind of things?

"What's the offer?" he asked, willing himself not to blush as Ville ran his thumb over his cheek before beginning to rub at it gently.

"I could bring you back to Bam and I's den. You and Paul I mean, of course."

Pat blinked.

"Like a wolf den?" he said and Ville snorted.

"I suppose you could call it that, but I promise it's a little more sophisticated."

"...... But we're not werewolves."

"I know."

Letting go of Pat's cheek Ville took another drag of his cigarette. "Could get into trouble for it, but once the others are okay with it the main alpha won't mind."

Pat opened his mouth to respond however Bam arrived back just then and Pat perked, sitting up more and craning his neck in order to look out for his brother but to his dismay Paul was nowhere to be seen.

Noticing Pat slump Ville raised an eyebrow then twisted around only to see Bam crossing the road, minus Paul.

"Sorry pinkie, your brothers busy," Bam said as he got closer and Ville stood up.

"But he's in there?"

"He is. Aveline said he was sleeping with Chris."

"I see."

Pat stood up slowly and frowned.

"Its unlike Paul to go sleep with a guy," he said and Bam shrugged.

"Didn't really sound like he knew you were coming though, Aveline said she'd bring him to us tomorrow."

Sticking his hands in his pockets, Ville pursed his lips. "I suppose that's fair," he said. "Does she know where she's going?"

"Said she did."

"Then I'll take her word. Would you like to come with us sweetheart?"

Biting his lip, Pat glanced across the road at the Beating Heart before looking back at Ville who was chewing at the end of his cigarette and he nodded.

"Sure... Thanks Ville."

"Of course Pat. Come along then Bam."

Patting his pockets, Ville stuck his hands back inside them and left the alley with Bam at his side, Pat following along behind them and despite the circumstances he couldn't help smiling a little as he watched Ville lean down to whisper something into Bams ear, the shorter listening before letting out a cry and swiping at Ville who ducked out of the way as though he'd been expecting it, laughing while Bam squinted up at him in annoyance and Pat rolled his eyes fondly.

Despite the chilliness of the night, he felt warm.