29.

When they got back inside, Chris grabbed Paul's arm and pretty much dragged him upstairs, Paul wincing slightly as the other boys nails dug into his skin. He hoped it wouldn't cause bruising.

Chris shoved open the door to his bedroom rather harshly then let go of Paul and the pink haired boy wordlessly walked inside before turning around to face Chris, freezing up slightly when he realised the other boys eyes were still a deep shade of red.

"Chris, are you okay--" Paul began but Chris cut him off with a wave of his hand and he closed over the door.

"It happens," he said shortly. "They'll return to their natural shade in a while."

"...Okay.... I'm sorry Chris."

"As you very well should be. What were you thinking?" Chris said and to Paul's embarrassment, he could feel himself tearing up.

It wasn't that Chris had yelled at him or anything, the reality of it all was just beginning to hit Paul and he began to rub at his eyes as his vision blurred before feeling a hand on his arm again. Thankfully, it was much more gentle this time.

"If you need to stay the night, you can Paul," Chris said softly and Paul choked on a sob. "My parents are away. You can stay in my bed, I'll go sleep in theirs."

"I've nowhere to go Chris....he kicked me out," Paul mumbled, desperately trying to regain control of his tears but apparently his eyes were having none of it.

"Well then you can stay with me for a night or so and when my parents come back I'll figure out another place for you to stay. Is that okay darling?"

Paul bit his lip then nodded.

"Okay...thank you Chris," he said slowly.

"Of course, come here."

Letting go of Paul's arm, Chris walked over to his dresser and began to root around inside it before pulling out a pair of pyjamas. They looked like they'd be a bit big, but Paul smiled weakly at the small skulls and crossbones on the pants.

"You can wear these if you'd like," Chris offered, looking back over at Paul and he faltered then suddenly looked extremely amused. "Is that my hoodie?"

Paul looked down at himself then flushed bright red. "I...uh- yeah, I still had it from the last time I stayed over," he said, beginning to pull one of his arms out of the hoodies sleeve. "Sorry, you can have it back now."

Chris shrugged. "Like I said before Paul, it looks better on you. You can keep it," he said simply as he passed over the pyjamas. "But perhaps these would be more comfortable to sleep in."

".... Probably. Thanks Chris."

"You're welcome darling."

Turning around to allow Paul to get dressed, Chris began to hum to himself and Paul quickly scrambled into the pyjamas. They were oversized, but they were fluffy and warm and so Paul found himself smiling as he crawled into Chris's bed and let out a small sigh. He felt safe.

"Finished darling?"

"Mhm...I'm dressed."

"All right."

Turning back around, Chris smiled at Paul then began to make his way back towards the doorway, only pausing when Paul made a small noise of protest. Chris raised an eyebrow.

"Is everything okay?" he asked.

Paul could feel his cheeks burning a deep shade of red and he hesitated before eventually stammering out, "Can you cuddle me?"

Both of Chris's eyebrows shot up. "You want me to cuddle you?"

"......Mhm. Please?"

Chris blinked. "Very well darling."

Heading back over to the bed Chris tugged off his shirt then carefully got in beside Paul, the pink haired boy scooting over and looking at the vampire with wide eyes. Chris snorted and wrapped his arms around Paul.

"Go to sleep Paul," he said, gently beginning to rub circles into Paul's hips and smiling as he noticed the other boys eyes slipping slightly closed. "You need it."

Paul mumbled something in response then nuzzled his face into Chris's chest and it wasn't long before Chris could feel Paul's slow steady breathing, indicating that he was finally asleep.

Smiling slightly to himself, Chris closed over his eyes before eventually falling asleep too.