CHAPTER 17

Christmas went by. 31st night it was. There's a famous spot in town where the couples visits and they wait till midnight to celebrate new year with their loved ones.

After having dinner Tess and Álvaro also decided to visit there. It was cold.

They sat down in a bench. Álvaro wrapped his arms around her.

"Are you cold?", he asked

"No. I am warm when I am with you", Tess said as she kissed his cheeks and rested her head over his chest.

There was time till midnight. People were gathering. There were food trucks too.

Álvaro couldn't belive the moment he is living. Today he's here with his love.

"What are you thinking?", Tess asked.

"Nothing"

"Come on say"

"It's just....", Álvaro paused. Tess gave a look. "It's just my ex girlfriend, Jenny, was never interested coming here. All she wanted to go out and party all night. But today I am here with you, with the girl who likes the things I like. Who spends time with me under the night sky"

"You know you sound old?", Tess said in a teasing voice. "But I like this old love. This love is nice, kind and warm"

Álvaro released a deep breath.

"Why did you broke up with your ex?", Tess asked.

"You wanna know?"

"Yeah"

"Well, it was not break up. She dumped me for another guy because as you say my love was old type", said Álvaro by quoting it.

Tess chuckled. "Where is she now?", Tess asked.

Álvaro gave a wrecked smile. "May be she's one of the star and looking at us and regretting what mistake she did"

Tess was a little shocked. She didn't expect this type of answer.

"What do you mean Álvaro?"

"Jessie is dead. It was nearly one year after she started dating the new guy. It was a suicide"

Tess now feel guilty about asking him about his ex.

"I am sorry. I shouldn't have asked you", Tess said apologetically.

"No its ok. Its been four years since her death", Álvaro said.

Soon the clock struck 12. Everybody cheered up and shouted Happy New Year. Tess and Álvaro kissed each other. The sky was lightened with fireworks.

"New year with my same old love", Tess said. "I am happy to have to Álvaro"

"Me too Tess"

Tess jumped and hugged him tightly.

Álvaro chuckled and hugged her back. It was then Álvaro saw they were not alone. Lauren was standing behind them. For a moment he had a bad feeling. He felt like this new year he is going to face new problems.

Hey guys, sorry for this short chapter. The next chapter will b a long and interesting one. Much love, xoxo ❤️

And also I've this new fanpage of Álvaro on instagram. Plz do follow and support. Here's the link 👇🏻

I'm on Instagram as @a.l.v.a.r.o.morte Install the app to follow my photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=15dz0mwxpbi5p&utm_content=bxqry9g