It's Too Much

He's spacing out for quite a while now, he cannot figure out how to interact with Leni at the office. I wanted to make her feel at home kaya lang how will I do that, ayaw nya nga saakin. Hayss! He thought and looked at his photo with her which was place atop his table, "Why are you always near yet so far?" He talked to her dreamily.

His secretary suddenly knocked and entered his office, "Sir—"

He was startled and immediately put down the frame he is holding, "Yes? Um wh— what is it?"

Anya, his Secretary bowed her head, "Sorry sir. Um Atty. Robredo po is already here, she's waiting for you po at the conference room."

He frowned, "Wait, who's Atty. Robredo? And why she's waiting for me?"

"Si Atty. Robredo po sir yung bagong company lawyer natin. Um friend nyo po ata sya?" Anya guess, she saw how Bongbong and the whole barkada reacted when Leni came back from the States.

That's when he got it, "Oh yes yes, Leni! She's here? Already? I mean yeah, um. She's a, um she's a friend. Yeah right, a friend." He stammered and wear his coat as he prepares to meet Leni on the other room.

Anya frowned, Weird ni sir.

He breathed out heavily before going inside the conference room. When he opened the door, his eyes landed on her instantly, he suddenly felt the slow-mo moment again. He smiled and remembered the first time he experienced that slow-mo moment with her, nothing changes.

"Mr. Marcos?" Leni uttered, bringing him back to reality.

"Ha? Um yeah yeah sorry. Um okay so how are you? I— I mean, how's the property? Um did you already review the documents? What's the plan?" He stammered. Shit! Come on, Bong get yourself together. He scolded himself.

"I don't have a copy of all the required documents yet but I already requested for some copies." She answered professionally. "Once I reviewed the documents, I will discuss it together with the other lawyers and see what measures we will do."

He just nodded. He's trying very hard not to be distracted by her but he can't help it, he misses her so bad. He can look at her face the whole day.

"And of course, I am thinking of visiting the property too." She continued. "Siguro I'll try to talk to the people there since mga kababayan ko naman sila. I want everything to go smoothly, ayokong dumating sa point na i-force natin sila umalis dun sa property."

"Yeah of course. I don't like to force them either." He agreed.

"Grace told me that it's important to you. She told me that, that property is more than business to you." She brought up.

"Yeah. That property is special to me. I promised someone years ago that I'm gonna buy that land and build a house and a family." He narrated as he looked directly to her eyes.

Of course she remembered, she can remember everything he said to her that night and it still hurts her like hell, "So you wanted to shoo away the people there just to fulfill a stupid promise? I think that's unfair."

He smiled weakly, "It meant the whole world to me."

"It meant the whole world to you yet you still chose to break that promise? Interesting." She snorted.

"Leni—"

"It's Atty. Robredo." She corrected him.

"Atty. Robredo." He uttered, it feels weird to address her using a different last name. He wanted her to be Mrs. Marcos.

"You know what, I think I should get going." She arrange her papers and stood up, "Thank you for giving your time, Mr. Marcos."

"Yeah. Thank you— thank you for um for accepting the job, Atty." He shook hands with her.