She's In

Florida, USA

Grace was still in the states as she was the one who attended the conference together with their newest business partner. She just entered her hotel room when Bongbong called.

"Yes Bong?" She answered right away.

"How are you?" He asked.

"I'm um, okay. Yeah fine." She stammered a bit, she didn't tell him about Leni yet.

"Are you sure?" He asked again.

She cleared her throat, "Yeah yeah, I'm fine. Ano lang medyo malamig dito kaya parang sisiponin ako."

"Ah, well you take care of yourself there ha!" He reminded her.

"Yes kuya!" She smirked, he's always been a kuya to her since they were kids.

He smiled, "Are you coming home tomorrow?"

She nodded, "Yes, why?"

"Good, um we have a slight problem here." He responded.

She frowned, "What happened?"

"About dun sa property natin in Cam. Sur. Ayaw umalis nung mga nakatira eh. We need that property now for the new buildings." He said.

"Akala ko ba naayos na yan ng mga lawyers natin?" She asked.

"Yun na nga ang isa pang problema, we need to hire a new lawyer. Yung mas magaling and much more experienced. We need to win this one Grace. We badly needed that property." He uttered.

There was a silence for a while until Grace thought of an idea. "Bong, I know someone na makakatulong saatin. Kakausapin ko sya."

"Great! Keep me posted."

"Okay, bye." Grace hung up.

—-

Leni was inside her office reading some documents when her secretary knocked on the door,

"You have a visitor." Margarette, her Secretary told her.

"Let them in. Thank you." Leni smiled thinking it's a new client.

Margarette escorted the visitor inside the office, Leni was a bit shocked.

"Grace?" Leni uttered as she saw Grace entered the room.

Grace smiled, "I'm sorry for the short notice, Lens."

"Um yeah sure sure, take a seat." Leni ushered her to the seat in front of her desk. "What brings you here?"

Grace gladly took a seat, "Leni, I need your help. I know this is too much for me to ask pero kasi, there's a slight problem sa company and we need a good lawyer. I thought of you kasi diba you told me na matagal ka nang lawyer dito."

Leni felt overwhelmed with Grace's offer to her, she doesn't know what to say, "Grace—"

Grace holds her hands together, "Leni please. The property is very important to the company, it's very important to him. It means more than business to him."

Leni suddenly felt a pain in her chest, she was torn between accepting or just ignore the offer. It would be a nice experience to hold such case, it will benefit her career. But when she choose to accept it, she was sure that she'll be working closely with Bongbong and it will definitely give her a hard time. She wasn't sure if she's ready to see him or talk to him.

Grace holds her hands tighter, "Please Leni, accept my offer. Malay mo ito na din yung closure na hinihintay mo. Maybe this is the perfect time to let go of the pain. Leni, let's go home."

Leni just bowed her head, she was still undecided. "I don't know if I am ready to let this go."

Grace withdraw her hands, "Leni please, think about it. Give yourself time to think. Tomorrow morning is my flight back to the Philippines. I hope you can come with me."

Leni tried to smile, "I will think about it Grace."

Grace hugged her tight, "Go home Leni. Go home."

—-

8:00 am — Grace checked her wristwatch and sighed, she was already at the airport waiting for her flight but Leni doesn't call her yet. She knew that it would take a lot of courage for Leni to accept her offer knowing Leni's current situation with Bongbong but she still hope that Leni would accept it.

Every minute passed felt like a burden to Grace as she was still waiting for Leni to call, she has decided that she'll cancel her flight if Leni called her and decided to accept her offer. Minutes later, Grace stood up from her seat, "times up!" She thought, Leni didn't call her so she thought that Leni rejected her offer. She sighed.

Grace was walking towards the entrance when someone called her, "Grace! Grace!"

Grace frowned, she decided to look back and saw Leni running towards her. She became teary, "Oh my god!"

"Am I late?" Leni asked. She was carrying her luggage, shoulder bag, wallet and passport.

Grace couldn't believe what's happening, she thought she was dreaming. She cannot speak so she just hugged Leni tightly, "Thank you, Lens!" She cried.

Leni hugged her back, "Let's go home."

—-

Ninoy Aquino International Airport, PH
(1:00am)

Leni looked outside the window, "This is it!" She told herself. It has  been 23 years since she took a step on the Philippine soil, she didn't know what to expect. A lot has changed. She decided to accept Grace's offer as she thought it would be the best decision, it will benefit her and the whole barkada too. She thought about the offer thoroughly, think of the possible scenarios what she will encounter and thought about him.

Leni took out the necklace that Bongbong gave to her years ago, she kept it still. A lot of memories and emotions were suddenly coming back to her just by looking at the necklace, she put it near her beating heart and closed her eyes, "Am I really ready to let you go?"

—-

As soon as Grace sent Leni to her hotel room, she immediately called Bongbong. Luckily, he still pick up the phone even if it's already late.

"Yes?" He answered sleepily, she might have interrupted his sleep.

"I'm here." Grace informed him.

"Good. How about the lawyer you recommended?" He asked.

Grace smiled, "She's in."

To be continued....

💛❤️