Just in time

The weather in Cam Sur wasn't pleasing. The pilot said there will be an upcoming storm so it's safe to land there immediately. It's a bit risky if they come back in Manila too. It's too windy, they cannot risk it. "Wrong timing naman." Bongbong retorted. He argued more with the pilot suggesting if they can just turn back around before the storm hits. The pilot said it's too risky to travel.

"It's okay. Wag na natin ipilit. Let's just spend the night sa bahay namin. Bukas pag maganda na ang panahon, we could go back." Leni said, calming him down.

Bongbong agreed with Leni's idea. He doesn't have much choice either. They cannot stay in any hotels because it's all fully booked already. They immediately traveled to Leni's old house in Magsaysay to spend the night there, waiting for the typhoon to pass.

"Labas lang muna ako saglit. Grocery lang ako para may supplies tayo." She said as she checked what do they need.

"I'll go with you. Baka lumakas na ang ulan, nasa labas ka pa." He said.

"No, it's okay. Malapit lang naman. Mabilis lang ako." She rejected. He just nodded and watched her leave the house.

He's been sitting there at the couch, hearing the heavy rain drops on the roof of the house. It's been a while since he came to visit this house. He remembered the first time Leni brought him there was the time when they watched the city lights and the perfect sunrise together. He recalled how he promised to buy a piece of land there for their future house, and how he promised her that he'll only marry her. He sighed, he did bought the land but he wasn't able to marry her.

"Bong? I'm here." Leni finally arrived.

"2 hours ka nawala." Bongbong said, he was surprised to see who was with her.

"Bong, remember Andy? Yung friend ko? Nameet mo na sya before." Leni beamed. She saw Andy at the supermarket earlier.

Bongbong nodded, of course he remembered Andy. He courted Leni before, and her childhood sweetheart. "Oh yeah yeah. I remember. Kumusta pare?"

Andy shook hands with Bongbong, "Okay naman. Long time no see. Sabi ni Leni magpapalipas lang daw kayo ng bagyo ngayong gabi."

Bongbong nodded. "Oo. Di na kayang makabalik ng chopper namin eh. Baka bukas pag maganda na ang panahon, bumalik din kami ng Manila."

Andy nodded. "Mag-ingat kayo. Mukhang malakas daw itong bagyong paparating eh."

"Balita ko nga din eh." Leni said. "Kaya nag grocery na ako para may pagkain kami."

"Saan kayo nagkita?" Bongbong asked.

"Sa supermarket. Nagkasalubong kami ni Leni." Andy said.

Bongbong nodded.

"Tapos kwentuhan lang saglit. Nag kape. Hinatid ko na dito si Leni kasi maulan na eh saka gabi na." Andy followed.

Bongbong just nodded.

They converse for a few minutes more until Andy decided to leave the two behind. He needs to get home before the typhoon came, he said. Leni just thank him and waved him goodbye. She then started to unpack the things she bought.

"2 hours kang nawala kanina." He started as he watched her arrange the canned goods in the cabinet.

"Sorry, nagkwentuhan pa kasi kami ni Andy. Alam mo naman first time namin magkita after 2 decades. Di nya pala alam na tumira ako sa states." She shared.

"Alam mo naman na bumabagyo diba? Tapos nasa labas ka pa nakikipag-date!" He fired.

She frowned at him. "Anong date?! Di ako nakipag-date. Nagkape lang ako with a friend."