Chapter 22

"Is this what it's like for you? Every night it's a painful memory and it wakes you up and even if it was a very happy memory you still manage to cry?" He asked.

       "Yeah, but it'll get better. Sanha don't hold onto her forever find someone who treats you right and loves you for you okay?" I said.

       "I will Noona thank you," he said as he laid down. "I'm tired, can I sleep in here?" He asked.

       "Sure buddy," I said as I patted his head. I walked out and Rocky followed. "I want hot chocolate, do you want any?" I asked him.

       "No, I just want to spend time with you. Do you want to watch a movie?" He asked.

       "Sure, you can pick," I said as I continued my way to the kitchen. Once my hot chocolate was ready I went to the living room and sat on the couch next to Rocky.

       "Sunny?" Rocky asks as he looks at me.

       "Yeah?" I ask back as I turn my body to face him.

       "How often do you think about Eric nowadays?" He asked.

       "I still think about him every day, but I'm starting to think of the good times with him. I still miss him very much but I know deep down that he wouldn't want me to suffer and be alone for the rest of my life. That's not how he is, I may still feel guilty about loving you sometimes but it quickly vanishes when I look at you. Eric and I were destined to have a very tragic ending to our love story, but that doesn't mean that ours will end the same way. I'm with you now and it feels right. This is where I should be right now," I said.

       "Sunny, I'm glad I have you in my life. I'm here for the long run. I'm not going anywhere," he said as he pulled me into his chest. "Do you ever think about what it would've been like with Hansol if he wasn't a jerk?"

       "Honestly the first three months were perfect and then one day he slapped me and everything changed from there. He's not the guy I loved. I held faith in him changing but he never did. I thought during the first three months that we'd marry and live happily. Eric thought so too, but when I came to him after the abuse started he cried and held me tightly and made me promise him to always tell him about those things. So I did, but no I don't wonder or think about how it could've been. I just look back to when I loved him. I miss him sometimes but I don't want him. I miss the memories not really him," I replied.

       "If Hansol continues to try things don't hide it from me. For us to work you have to tell me," he said.

       "I will," I replied.

       "Well it's 6 in the morning, do you want to go see Taeyong? I can take you, we'll leave a note," he said.

       "Yeah," I said.

       "Okay let's go get ready."

       I ran up the stairs and went quietly to my room with Rocky on my heels. I went to my closet and gently opened it. I went in and grabbed my black jeans and Tae's purple hoodie then I went to my dresser and grabbed my undergarments and went to the bathroom attached to my room. Rocky got his clothes and went to the bathroom down the hall I assume.

       When I was done with everything I walked out and to the kitchen and wrote a note to Binnie. I told him I was going to go see Tae and that I'd be home in time for lunch.

       Rocky walked down the stairs and asked if I was ready I said yes and off we went. The ride over we spent hand in hand with music playing. When we got there it was seven, I hopped out and ran to the door. Rocky was going to go to a local cafe. I knocked and Doyoung answered, "You're here really early," he said as he moved away from the door to let me in.

       "Where is he?" I asked gently but I sounded very worried.

       "He's in his room," Yuta replied. After that, I ran to his room.

       He was asleep so peacefully. I got on his bed and laid next to him. I played with is hair until he woke up. "Good morning Tae," I said as he was opening his eyes and leaning into my hand.

       "Good morning princess," he replied back in his husky morning voice.

       "Tae, what happened?" I asked gently.

       "When you called I knew you were on your way to see him so I freaked out and started looking for my keys to go and stop you. I slipped and hit my head during my panic. Sunny please stop going. I love you and I can't continue allowing this to happen. What'd he do to you, how bad are the injuries?" he questioned.

       "There are no injuries and I'm okay," I replied.

       He kissed my forehead, "If anything happens to you I would never be able to forgive myself," he says.

       My phone starts ringing I answer it, "Bin?" I question.

       "Sunny, it's important. Rocky is on his way to get you. Be ready when he gets there," he says and ends the call.

       I get out of Tae's grasp quickly and run to the door. "Sunny, what's wrong? Did you guys fight?" Haechan asks.

       "No I just have to go there's an emergency with my brother, I'll call you guys later," I said as I slipped on my shoes and ran outside where Rocky was waiting.