Chapter 30 Désespoir pt. 2

[Despair pt. 2]

Laurent POV

"You ready to go Mr. Laurent?"

Yes.

Melanie is holding L.J.'s raincoat. He's pulling ...

"I want my slippers."

"Fine, get them."

My son runs off. He looks tired. I know he not sleeping well. Nightmares.

I sit on the sofa and watch everyone moving around.

Larry walk by quiet. He goes in the garage, comes back, then leave again.

Miss Melanie is in the kitchen waiting for Larry Jr. She smile at me. I feel her warm embrace in my mind. I close my eyes and try to remember Ava's smell.

There a small hand on my leg.

"Papa where Mommy?"

I not know Son.

"You no bother Mommy now, she out by the fish. She be in soon."

Larry Jr. looks down, then up at me. He takes his nanny's hand.

When they walk away I hear him ...

"Mommy like Ava's fish. He make her feel better cause today so sad."

He's the glue in all this. That little boy keeps us from falling completely apart.

Larry is sitting in the car. I feel his sadness.

Bébé, my Bébé ... it start raining, but she still in yard looking at the fish.

"You want me to get her Mr. Lau?"

No, take him to the car. I'll go.

I walk outside. She standing there looking at the water. Ava's favorite Koi ... 'Chuck' is at the edge of the pond. The raindrops send the fish under the overhanging plants. Kona and Apollo run past me.

Bébé, you ready? Everyone in car.

"I remember when she named Chuck. HaHaHa ... she looked down, pointed and said Chuck! This guy swam right over. You know that fish let her touch him. Melanie said she would feed him from her hand. Wow, a fish. My girl is, well was a water spirit."

Just like Mommy.

"Yes."

It starting to rain hard and you not have cover. Come on ...

"Hawaiian blessing ... there will be a rainbow soon."

You right. Want me stay with you for a little bit Bébé?