Chapter 28 The Search

J*****e POV

I hold Ava's body against me, say a silent prayer and walk outside to the Koi pond.

I sit on the bench.

The Hawaiian tradewinds are blowing.

I exhale and kiss my sleeping baby girl's head, her eyes are moving. She's dreaming, but I still feel nothing.

Someone is standing behind me, it's the witch.

She smells like lemongrass ... and marijuana.

"Ya not be afraid child

"Ya not be afraid child. We get 'er back."

She has a deep Jamaican accent, much stronger than Melanie's.

What ... I mean who are you?

"Nell, and ain't no witch ... Melanie call me. I here to help."

Thank you, we appreciate it.

I look at her.

She reminds me of Kimara. Voodoo shit.

She looks young. But I feel her. Very old ... wise. I dig deeper.

She's sincere. I feel positive energy. Thank God.

I'm sorry, no disrespect. You ... when I first saw you in the kitchen. I thought you were older. You felt witchy. I know you're reading my mind.

"I not like Kimara child. I only read if ya let me in. I feel ya, you overwhelmed."

Nell, I can't take much more of this vampire shit! Always something ... was torn from Larry and bonded again then I forgive Lau and we bond ... Why can't I have a normal life? What did I do to deserve all of this ... drama? Laurent still .... he doesn't act like a normal ...

"Normal Hmph. No forget, we talk about Laurent now child ... his Beast still lurk."

Forget him. Look at my baby, it's like she's in a coma! Does she need to go to the hospital? She needs to eat.

"She no sick, no need food. She just in limbo. Her body fine, I get 'er back."

Fucking Laurent!

"Ah ya want talk bout him now ... Laurent . HaHaHa no be mad at he, not his fault. He succumb to da women's tricks. Always has, always will. Dat his weakness, but he love you and da wee ones. I know ya want blame he. No child, dis was coming. Dat girl .. she had a plan."

I don't feel like listening anymore. I really don't care how it happened. It happened. And it's his fault.

I get up.

I need to see Laurent.

"Think for ya speak child. Emotions raw."

Please finish that before you come back into my house.