Chapter 13. Jour de Mariage

[Wedding Day]

Sea Island, Georgia 

J*****e POV

Mom, why am I so nervous?

"It's your wedding day. You're supposed to be. I'm glad you're with the right man this time."

Me too, so why am I nervous?

"Stop being afraid of happiness. Here, I know you wore my mother's pearls last time, but now .... you get the right man, you get the right jewelry. This is what your Dad wanted. You with the right one."

Mom, why do you keep saying one. You know I bonded with Lau too.

"Sorry, it's hard for me to get ... I'm just old fashioned. You 'are' legally marrying  just Larry. Nevermind all that. I love them both Honey. Let me put these on you."

Grandma Vivian's diamonds.

"Yes."

She put the Harry Winston bracelet on my wrist. I moved my hair as she clasped the matching diamond necklace around my neck. The set has been in the family for years. 

Thank you Mommy, I love you.

"Oh, I love you to NeNe. I know your Dad is watching ....."

Stop, I don't want to cry. My makeup.

OK. I'm going over to check on my new sons .... I feel both are nervous. ... You think you're pregnant ..... I feel something on you, all of you."

No ... I'm not. 

"Honey, you will be soon."

Hey, where is Little Eddie?

"I'm right here Sis. You look beautiful."

Thanks.

"Calm down. You normally so chill about everything."

I'm just. I don't know.

"Look Laurent just sent me this .... 

Scott is driving them to The Cloisters now, these cats love you

Scott is driving them to The Cloisters now, these cats love you. You found your soulmates. Calm the fuck down."

"Edward! Language."

"I'm sorry Mom."

Lau looks pissed. I can't feel either one of them. Why are they blocking me?

"J*****e, please calm down. Drink this ... please."

OK.

My bridesmaids come in.

My sister-in-law Joy, and my Maid of Honor Victoria. They look great in their champagne dresses. Randessa is here helping me too. She brought drinks.