Chapter 61

Quinn's POV

"What is this favor?" I ask as Nick clears his throat on the other end, "You coming to hang out with me tonight." I can't help but smile at the thought of just seeing Nick again, and even if I can't see him I know that Nick is smiling, "Smooth, but I can't just ditch Chris and leave him alone in my bedroom." Nick sighs into the phone and my mind right away goes to all the conflict that happened at the diner, "Is Nikki with you by chance?" I ask and it is quite on Nick's end for a second and I can imagine him looking at the phone wondering why I would ask a question like that.

"No,she is at her place." I get to thinking that this just might be the only chance I get to talk to Nick and figure out what is going on once and for all, and it would be nice to see Nick again after the horrible fight we had. "She came by the diner today and starts a huge melee with my everyone, and the topic of all the arguing and fighting was you." I can hear Nick mumble under his breath but I can't make out what he is saying, "She didn't tell me any of that. All she told me was that Tiffany went after her." I roll my eyes not surprised that Nikki would try to spin Tiffany defending me into her becoming the victim of a pointless assault.

"Well it sounds like Nikki only told you her twisted version of what happened." After hearing this it makes me doubt everything that Nikki said, and that maybe my friends were right after all about her just trying to drive a wedge through my friendship with Nick, "I will talk to her Quinn, but that still doesn't answer my question about you coming to hang out with me tonight." I can't help the feeling of wanting to be with Nick, and the harder I fight it the more I feel like I am just hurting myself. "What does this night of hanging out consists of?" I ask wanting to know if leaving Chris tonight would be worth it,

"The evening would consist of dinner, your choice of entertainment, and as always my pleasant company of course." I laugh a little but I can't say that it doesn't sound like a prefect evening, but of course there is that voice inside of me asking me what Brenton would think about this, and all the harsh and nasty comments that Nick said to me last night get thrown into the mix, "If I didn't know any better I would think this sounds more like a date than just us hanging out."Nick scoffs into the phone, "We hang out all the time, and I don't think of it as a date, and if I was going to ask you out on date I would do it in person by making it the most romantic thing you have ever seen." I roll my eyes playfully as placing the phone next to my other ear,

"If you don't want to hang out tonight I understand, but I thought that we needed to clear the air from last night, and the only way to do that is face to face."Nick knows how to talk me into things but using my curiosity side against me,"You don't play fair." I jokingly snap at him as he lets out a breath, "That is why I always win." He remarks and I can already see the smug and cocky grin on his face. "Okay, we can hang out tonight, but clearing the air is a must." Nick chuckles again into the phone, "I figured as much, but what are you going to do about Chris?" I look over at Chris and I figure that he is going to be out most of the night, and if that is the case then I don't think I will be missed too much,

"I think he will be okay, he needs his sleep anyways." I stand up off my bed and starts changing out of the comfy clothes which is Nick's hoodie and a pair of sweatpants that I threw on after I took off my uniform. "Where am I meeting you at?" I ask grabbing my bag and pulling out my white bateau ruffle lace dress,"How about my place?" I almost drop my phone hearing this but luckily I catch it before it hits the ground, "Your place? Like your parents' house?" I carefully put the dress on as it falls just above my knees.

 "Where am I meeting you at?" I ask grabbing my bag and pulling out my white bateau ruffle lace dress,"How about my place?" I almost drop my phone hearing this but luckily I catch it before it hits the ground, "Your place? Like your parents' house...

"No,I am inviting you to come to my actual place, as in my apartment in Las Vegas."I stand there speechless unable to form words while my head starts screaming at me to cancel on him and hang up the phone. "This is unexpected and I have to say that this is really starting to sound like a date Nick." I can hear the frustrated sigh from the other line, "It is not a date, instead of going out or sneaking around your place I would rather stay home and enjoy my evening." A little bit of me can understand that, but I still don't know about going to his apartment. 

"Look,just come over and if you feel like you want to leave at any time you are more than welcome too." I sigh choosing to ignore my inner voice of reason, "What is the address?" I say packing up my purse and making sure that I have everything,"I live in Allure Tower complex." I know the place he is talking about but I also know that it is expensive to live there. "Alright, and what do I do when I get there?" I sit down on my bed while holding my phone with one hand and using my other hand to put on my high wedge sandal with wraparound ankle strap.

 "Alright, and what do I do when I get there?" I sit down on my bed while holding my phone with one hand and using my other hand to put on my high wedge sandal with wraparound ankle strap

"Just tell the concierge who you are here to see and he will send you right up." I still have this feeling in my gut that I should just stay home with Chris but what is life without a little risk from time to time. "I will be there as soon as I can." I say and I think Nick lets it slip just a little bit on how excited he is, "I'll see you soon." Nick hangs up as I put my phone in my purse and I write a note to Chris explaining where I have gone. Once I ready to go I head out of my room and start making my way to my car and too Nick's apartment.