Chapter 9

Quinn's POV

I finish my makeup as I turn around checking myself out in the full-length mirror as I mess with my hair that I have styled in half-up with double buns, and once I have fixed my hair I check out my outfit which is a white crop top, Brenton's dog tags around my neck, faded jeans shorts, my favorite pair of platform high heels with an ankle strap, and to top off my outfit I take one of Brenton's checkered shirts and tie it around my waist. I am amazed at the transformation from what I looked like this morning from what I look like now. My phone buzzes and I look at it to see a text from Chris telling me that Anthony and he are here, and I just replay by telling him to come on in.

I grab my purse off my door as I put my cell phone and wallet in it, I make my way out of my room making sure I have everything while I head downstairs, and once I make it down the staircase and into the kitchen I see my brother talking to both Chris and Anthony. Chris 6 foot 2 with dark brown and dreamy dark brown eyes, he loves to play the guitar or the piano, and he is works at the local movie theater as a cashier and usher. Then you have Anthony who is 5 foot 7 with dark brown hair and light brown eyes, and he works as a barista at 'Latte Day' Coffee Shop.

"Hey you two." I say getting the attention of all three of them. Chris has his brown hair slightly in his face, a sliver chain necklace with a music note pendent around his neck, a plain black tank top that now only shows off his little collection of tattoos but also shows off the body that he works so hard on,black jeans with a white belt with black studs on it, and black boots on his feet. "You look hot." Chris hugs me but I can tell that he has been up to something because he is a little sweaty and I think I can smell the mixture scent of pears and vanilla, but I choose not to question out of fear of what the answer might be.

Anthony has his hair styled in usual wavy style, a plain gold chain around his neck, a simple white tank top, black jeans with rips at the knees, and expensive look sneakers on his feet. "We thought that you could use a day of relaxation and spending." I pull out of my hug with Chris and smile at hugging him getting a whiff of his woody scent cologne. "You have no idea on how much I really need this today." I pull out of the hug and turn to my brother, "We are headed to the mall and I promise that I will be in before the street lights come on." My brother just shrugs his shoulders, "I won't be here tonight, I have work." I nod my head as I adjust my purse on my shoulder, "Then I guess I will see to in the morning." I give Jared a quick hug and a kiss on his cheek before me and the guys walk out to Chris's blue Ford Mustang GT.

"I can't believe that you are driving your Mustang, you usually take your jeep everywhere." Chris lets out a laugh as he opens the driver side door, "I thought that it was a nice of a day to take my beauty out for a spin." Anthony opens the passenger side door and lets me get in first as I get into the back while Anthony hops into the passage side seat and Chris starts the car and the three of us head to the mall. The mall is a two-store building that is only about 30 minutes away from my house, we arrive at the mall and get out of the car and head inside talking about where we should start, 

"Anthony and I want the Calvin Klein store, and before we leave I need the music store because I need to check on a few things before my full-time gig." This reminds me that I never really talked to Chris about his accomplishment. "I am very proud of you Chris,you worked hard and everything is finally paying off for you." Chris smiles as he rubs the back of his neck, "I actually get to preform one of my original songs and what makes it even better is that I get to preform it with the beautiful Alexa Harmon." Chris says as we look at the mall touch screen mall directory even though we know this mall like the back of our hand, and Chris's comment about Alexa makes me think of the perfume that I smelled on him at my house and why he might be a little sweaty. "Beautiful is one word for her, I like to use the word sexy when talking about the goddess." I shake my head at the two of them as I turn my attention back to the mall directory. 

"I want Barnes and Noble." I look at and Chris who just look at me and roll their eyes, "Why is it that every time we come to the mall you always go shop in a dozen stores but you end up in the bookstore." makes sun of me and my love of books. "For your information one of my favorite teen authors has just published a new book, and I want to read it." Anthony just shrugs his shoulders but Chris on the other hand is too busy flirting with a group of girls that are touching from his hair down to his belt, and Chris is soaking up every moment. "We will meet you at the water fountain in 2 hours." Anthony says as he walks up to Chris and starts flirting with the girls as well. 

I wander around the mall for a while going into some stores and buying things that I like, but I finally walk into Barnes and Noble. I take a deep breath as the smell of Starbucks and books fill my nose as I walk up around the aisles of books when I decide to take a copy of one of my favorite books 'The Catcher in the Rye'. I have read this book a thousand times but when I moved to Wisconsin I lost my copy of it and have meaning to replace it ever since. I turn the corner and walk up to the girl at the help center. "Excuse me, I am looking a book by the title 'Quarter Back and Dares' by Felicity Blast." The girl checks her computer, "It looks like it is in discover teens section." I smile at her nodding my head, "Thank you." Is all I say as I wander around the book store until I find the section I am looking for.

I browse the books until I see the book I want and just my luck it is the only copy left, I pull the book off the shelf, and as I am admiring the book someone else grabs it, "That book belongs to me Little Dove." A male voice says with Scottish accent, I slowly look up and I find myself staring into strangely familiar deep ocean blue eyes.