Chapter 9

"It's not time for her to join StarClan, Firestar......you have to do something!"
"Cinderfire already killed her, Jayfeather. She is now with us permanently, and I can't do anything about it."
"The Dark Forest did this, I tell you! Arrrg! Cinderfire is a mouse brain if she killed her. Let the Dark Forest punish her instead of Silentpaw!"
"Shh, Jayfeather! Silentpaw had awakened."
Silentpaw awoke to see Firestar and Jayfeather sitting across from each other, looking at her. "I'm in StarClan, now am I?" she asked. Jayfeather frowned and shook his head as Firestar nodded. A tear rolled down Silentpaw's cheek as she looked down at ThunderClan. Wolfheart was crying hard, and Lightningstar was laughing. Suddenly, Moonstar pounced Lightningstar, and finally, the ShadowClan leader called retreat. ThunderClan won.
Silentpaw looked back up at Jayfeather and Firestar. "Where's Cloudpaw? Did she make it to StarClan?" Firestar gave a glance at Jayfeather, then slowly nodded. "She's over to the other side of the woods. Jayfeather, lead her. She needs to get used to her new home."
Jayfeather's eyes burned like fire. "This is not her home! Silentpaw is not with StarClan!" he yelled. Silentpaw met his gaze. "I will make sure that you find a way to get back to ThunderClan, I promise, Silentpaw." More tears exploded out of Silentpaw's eyes as she followed the medicine cat to her beloved sister.
"What is bloodcough, Jayfeather?" Silentpaw asked. Jayfeather didn't meet her gaze. "I cannot tell you, that is for you to figure out, my love." Silentpaw cocked her head when he said that. My love? She thought. She shrugged, but it did make her feel good. Suddenly Jayfeather stopped at an entrance. It was a stone arch with flowers and vines hanging down from it. Silentpaw scented a beautiful, familiar, soft smell as she and Jayfeather ducked under the vines to see Cloudpaw sitting alone on a tall, flat, smooth rock in the center of the sandy clearing. Stars reflected off of her pure bright blue eyes as she said, "I am watching over you, every night from the Silverpelt, until the day you sight out your soul, and join the StarClan too."
Silentpaw watched as silver tears rippled down her sister's cheeks. "Oh, Cloudpaw," she said quietly. The amber-colored apprentice started walking towards Cloudpaw, slowly. Suddenly, the blue mist that was surrounding them turned dark, evil red, and turned into blood. Silentpaw ran towards her sister, Jayfeather calling to her, "Silentpaw! It's a trap!" But she didn't hear him. Cloudpaw whipped away, then, and evil laugh threatened her. Silentpaw's heart beat wildly out of her chest. Someone came behind her, and knocked her out.
************
Silentpaw madly awoke, and found herself hanging upside down. She looked next to her. "Cloudpaw!" she yelled. Her sister was hanging beside her, only that she was asleep. "Help, Jayfeather! Firestar!" She called. The same evil laugh came again. I'm in the Dark Forest. Silentpaw thought, as a massive, dark shape hovered under her. "Hello, Silentpaw." It said. "Who are you?" Silentpaw asked, her voice was crooked out of being frightened. "I am Blood. Evil decedent from the great Tigerstar, and ruler of the Dark Forest." A thick, red mist followed Blood as he walked to Cloudpaw's side. "I see that your sister is still asleep, dreaming only the most violent nightmares by the Dark Forest. StarClan cats have dangers in here, you know." Silentpaw dicided not to talk. Jayfeather and Firestar will save me and Cloudpaw, I know. She thought, as she felt her throat being tightened by the thorn-sharp vine that she was hanging from. "I can always tighten your vine around you neck if you don't do what I want." Blood said. Still, Silentpaw was didn't say anything to the Dark Forest leader. "Or," he said, "I could just tighten your sister's, until she dies."
Silentpaw's mind went fast. "Fine." She said.
"Tell me, Silentpaw. Did Cinderfire kill you when ThunderClan was fighting ShadowClan?"
"Yes,"
"Oh, my little she-cat! I knew that she would grow up just like me."
"Cinderfire's your daughter?"
"Yes."
Silentpaw whipped around to face Blood. "You, you--"
"I was killed by a pack of dogs on the night I was exiled from ThunderClan. My warrior name was Deathheart, but I changed it to Blood when I was a rouge. My mate, Bloodfang--"
"Bloodfang is from ShadowClan!"
"Yes, she is. Anyway, the fox-hearted queen didn't even care that I was exiled, and didn't welcome me to ShadowClan."
"Because you didn't care for her,"
"How do you know?!"
Silentpaw's eyes burned into flame. "You were an apprentice when you met each other at the Gathering. You spent more time together than any other couple would spend time together. Later, when you and Bloodfang were turned into warriors, ThunderClan had a fight with ShadowClan and you almost killed her. You betrayed her and hated her for the rest of your life." she shouted. Blood's hooked talon-like claws shot out and he dug them into Silentpaw's shoulder. The poor apprentice screeched loud, as Blood slashed his claws down her arm. Then, he tightened both hers and Cloudpaw's vines.
Suddenly, Jayfeather and Firestar bounded in, looking around for Silentpaw and Cloudpaw.
We're over here! Silentpaw screamed in her head, but was forced to keep her mouth shut as Blood tightened her thorn vine. The blood-red mist rose more thicker now, blocking out all the senses. Jayfeather.....Silentpaw thought, breathing her last breath. I'm dying again.......
**********
Silentpaw awoke suddenly, whipping her head around to see Cloudpaw. Her sister was awake, at least, but she also saw another flick of movement to her other side. Firestar! They got captured! she thought. Below her, she saw Blood again, laughing his evil laugh. "I got you! Finally! Then, once I capture all the StarClan warriors, the Dark Forest will rule!"
"That's not going to happen, Blood." came Jayfeather's, stern voice.
"I'll make you have a deal......to bring Silentpaw back to ThunderClan." Blood suddenly changed the subject.
"What, mouse-brain?"
"If Silentpaw goes back to ThunderClan, then you will loose your sight again, until your StarClan spirit is gone. But if she stays in StarClan, then you get to keep your sight."
Hesitation.
"How are you in control of my sight and Silentpaw's Clan?" Jayfeather asks.
"Because, once I have you captured, I have complete control over you."
"Why don't you just kill us now, then?"
"Because I want to watch a slow, painful death, and I have no way to do that right now at this moment."
"We've been here for a while--"
"Do you want the deal or not, slug?"
Silentpaw turned into the direction of Jayfeather. "Don't do it, Jayfeather. Please. I-I want to be with you and my sister in StarClan."
"It's only Jayfeather's decision, Silentpaw." Firestar spoke up.
Silentpaw met Jayfeather's softened gaze. "I'll do anything for you, my love," he said, as his eyes wiped away, and were replaced with a blank, white pair. "No!" Silentpaw screamed as it felt like everything has gone. Jayfeather had made a sacrifice for his true love. Dizziness spread over and under Silentpaw's brain, releasing her from the Dark Forest. She tried to move, but was stuck in one position. Lying down under the cool shade, under a soft patch of moss. She was back in ThunderClan.
Silentpaw's eyes flipped open, to see Wolfheart, his cheeks wet with tears. Suddenly, his eyes grew wide, and his expression changed immediately. "Silentpaw?"