Chapter 27

"My name is Cinderfire." The she-cat said, her voice hoarse. Silentmelody's eyes grew wide. Cinderfire! The same warrior who tried to kill her. Did she really experience the anceint Moonstone from many moons ago?

Cindefire coughed and her eyes drew blank white. She tumbled to the ground.

Out of the midst of the battle, Wolfheart pinned a WindClan apprentice to the floor, splashes of rain tore through his fur. A sudden rumble of thunder choked the night night air. Wolfheart tore through the apprentice's cheek, and scrambled away. Where's Silentmelody? He wondered. He rushed over to the medicine den, but skidded to a halt as he spotted the amber colored warrior, head drooped and tail whisking the dirt.

As soon as Wolfheart made presence, Silentmelody whipped around and glared feircely into his eyes.

"Help her to the medicine den--quick!" She hissed, flicking her tail to the she-cat on the ground, silver fur drenched dark grey in the rain. A flickering sparked in Wolfheart's mind. That she-cat was extremely familiar...

Rousing her up on his broad shoulders, he and Silentmelody lifted her to the entrance of the medicine den. Without words, they summoned Stormwhisker. He lay his head down to Cinderfire's heart. It was beating normally.

"She's just tired." Stormwhisker explained. "Who is she, anyways? From WindClan?"

"No," Silentmelody quickly replied. "She's from ThunderClan."

Wolfheart tilted his head in puzzlement. What?

"Her name is Cinderfire." Silentmelody finished.

Wolfheart's eyes grew wide. This battle brought many things. Cinderfire...oh how much we doubted you would come back...He thought.

The forgotten warrior blinked, showing her bright amber eyes, like a fire in the night storm. Her throat held dried blood from the past  obstacles. What kind of things did she witness? Badgers? Foxes? Rats?

Did she have bloodcough? Silentmelody wondered.

A giant force rammed into her and made her stumble. Rockstar's dusty black and brown pelt hovered over her. Hissing feircely, she swiped his nose, blood running down his mouth and splattered onto his cheek.

Wolfheart jumped, front claws unsheathed, and pushed Rockstar off of Silentmelody. A huge tumble-weed of ripped fur, blood, and claws rambled away.

"Was that Wolfheart...?" Cinderfire asked.

"Y-yes, it was." Silentmelody answered, helping the silver warrior onto her paws.

"I'm assuming you're a warrior now." Cinderfire smiled, looking into Silentmelody's odd-eyes.

"I'm Silentmelody."

"What a beautiful name."

"Moonstar doesn't know that I can speak. I wonder what she'll do."

"You just start to use your voice then?"

Silentmelody swallowed, the newly formed bump in her throat quiverred.

A sudden screech from Rockstar sounded by them. He sliced Wolfheart across the face with his thorn-like claws. Whipping his head around, causing rain droplets to fly away, he started towards the two she-cats. Jumping from where he was, Rockstar landed on Cinderfire. The silver she-cat grunted and dug her teeth into Rockstar's neck, pinning him to the ground. Gathering strength, the WindClan leader pushed Cinderfire off of him. Crashing on her back and almost winded, there was complete horror in Cinderfire's amber eyes. Rockstar's huge claws raked her stomach, into deep claw marks, blood pouring and flooding them. Immediately, Moonstar screeched, and tumbled ontop of the WindClan leader, pinning him to the ground, her teeth planted inside his neck. Rockstar gasped.

"WindClan, retreat!" He choked out, calling for mercy.

"Hopefully that will teach you never to mess with ThunderClan again." Moonstar snickered.

The hovering clouds cleared, and the last peeking rays of the sun warmed cats' fur happily.

Holding her breath, Silentmelody ignored everything else and ran towards Cinderfire, wincing at the deep wound the WindClan leader left upon her.

Coughing blood, Cinderfire looked straight into Silentmelody's eyes.

"StarClan forgave me, you know..." she whispered so softly, it was barely audible. Her last breath was hesitant, and the bright amber eyes sunk beneath her head, giving Cinderfire her final rest. The terrible promise was fulfilled.

"May StarClan grant you great hunting and running. May you rest in peace and paradise, Cinderfire." Silentmelody's thoat clogged up in sadness.

All those memories of Cinderfire being so alive with the kindled flame within. But now, the forgotten warrior was dead.

At least, Silentmelody thought, closing her eyes to pour tears. StarClan forgave her.