Chapter 1

Silentkit felt cold, moist noses touch her warm pelt. She shuffled to get comfortable. "Wake up Silentkit!" She heard a voice call. Then the poor kit felt small, sharp claws dig into her body. "Stop it Snakekit! Your only making things worse! Silentkit will open her eyes on her own time."
"But--"
"No buts! Just leave her alone!"
"Yeah, Snakekit, Nightfeather's right!"
Silentkit had enough. If they want her to open her eyes, then she will. Waking, she saw a black shape hover over her. "Ooh, she's awake! She's awake!" It called. Silentkit opened her mouth to respond, but nothing came out. "C'mon! Follow me! I'll show you around!" It said again. "Oh, my name's Cloudkit, and I'm your sister." Silentkit struggled to get up, her mother, Nightfeather helped her as she said, "After you see the camp, go meet the other kits, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun together!"
Silentkit tried to talk again, but still she didn't. Instead, she smiled and turned around to follow Cloudkit. "Here's the medicine den, where Stormwhisker and Duskpaw work." Cloudkit said. "Hey, Silentkit, how are ya doing?" Stormwhisker asked as he stepped out with Duskpaw. Silentkit backed away from them. "Oh, aye, I almost forgot. Silentkit, you can't talk cuz you're muted, and of course, that means you can't talk. I know you have a lot of questions, all of your clan mates will try to answer them. Have a great day, sweetie!" He said. Where is he going? Silentkit thought. She flicked her tail over to the medicine cats. Cloudkit looked at her, trying to see what she is asking. "Umm, what are they doing?" Silentkit shook her head.
"Where's the warriors' den? The leader's den? The apprentices' den? The High Rock?" Cloudkit asked. Silentkit stomped on the dusty ground, shaking her head with frustration. Where is Stormwhisker going!? Silentkit was sick of thinking questions, she wanted to ask them. She ran towards Stormwhisker and Duskpaw, then bumped into a huge cat. Is this what a warrior looks like? She thought. "Hey, watch were you're going--kit!" He growled. Cloudkit finally caught up with her. "This is Metalclaw." She said. Metalclaw hissed. "They don't call me Metalclaw for nothing!" He said as he unsheathed his huge, sharp claws. Silentkit starred in horror as Metalclaw chased Cloudkit around the camp. "Help me! Help me!" She squealed playfully. Now Silentkit relaxed. It's only a game. She thought. Metalclaw tackled Cloudkit playfully, then let her go. He walked over to Silentkit and said, "Don't you ever bump into me again, kit, or I'll--"
"Stop it Metalclaw, she's only a kit, poor thing." A female voice interrupted him.
"That's Hawkfire," Cloudkit said, pointing her white paw as she stumbled next to her sister.
"Hello, Silentkit." Hawkfire said. Silentkit looked at her in awe. Hawkfire was so pretty, her pelt shinned in the morning sun. Is she a warrior? She asked herself. She pointed at Hawkfire with her tail, then did some stalking and fighting moves to show what she was asking. "Uh, is she a warrior?" Her sister asked. Happily, Silentkit nodded. "Yes, Hawkfire is a warrior. If a cat's name ends in 'paw' then that means it's an apprentice. And if a cat's name end in 'kit', then of course, that means its a kit, just like you and me!" Cloudkit squealed. Silentkit nodded, showing that she understood.Then she shoved her way into the warriors' den, then all of a sudden bounced out. Cloudkit saw that her sister was shaking. "Oh, its all right, Silentkit! They wont hurt you!" She said, as she shoved her sister back into the den. Again, Silentkit jumped out. Cloudkit snorted and took a look. "Snake! Snake! There is a snake in there!" She screamed.
Hawkfire quickly stormed in the den as Cloudkit jumped out. "It's Mouthclaw!" The warrior warned. Metalclaw growled."Dawnstar! Mouthclaw is in our territory!" Then a beautiful tortoiseshell she-cat stepped down to the den. "Get out, Hawkfire. Nobody touch the darn snake except me." She ordered.
"I thought we made a deal," Hawkfire said.
Once Dawnstar entered the den, the dangerous snake hissed, and shot her fangs at the leader. Dawnstar suddenly dogged away the attack.
"Hiss," Mouthclaw said, waving her head. "You will never defeat me! You will never place borders or set rules upon me! And I will not go back to my den until I get a feast!"
"Mouthclaw, I thought we made a deal-"
"Oh, yes we did, but that was moons ago!Im getting deadly hungry!"
The wise ThunderClan leader did not respond. Instead, she through her claws at the snake. Mouthclaw quickly slithered away, but Dawnstar's claws sunk into her body. Mouthclaw turned around and spat deadly poison. Silentkit watched wide-eyed as the she-cat ducked her head when the poison landed on the stone floor. She's is really brave to fight a huge snake, I would be scared! Silentkit thought.
Then another set of paws entered the fight. "Wolfpaw! Get away! You'll get killed!" Dawnstar screamed, as she bit Mouthclaw deep and hard in the belly. "No, Dawnstar, I wasn't born to just stand and watch my leader fighting for her life from the most deadliest creature in the forest!"
Wolfpaw bravely said.
"You weren't born to die, either!" Dawnstar argued.
Wolfpaw didn't listen. He jumped on Mouthclaw, and started clawing at her scales. The huge snake rolled over, knocking off the apprentice, then slithered to Dawnstar. Before the ThunderClan leader could react, Mouthclaw bit into her neck. "No!" Wolfpaw yelled as he stumbled to get up. Wolfpaw is brave! I like him. Silentkit thought, not really realizing what was going on. Wolfpaw ran over to the snake, jumped on her again and sank his teeth into her neck. "Aaaaggggghhhh!" Mouthclaw screeched, then let go of Dawnstar.
"Dawnstar, are you okay?"
"Fight, little warrior, fight. I have lived long enough."
"No!"
Then by that moment, Dawnstar's last life crippled into death. Her head relaxed and lied on the stone floor. Wolfpaw could see Dawnstar's blood veins turn green from Mouthclaw's deadly poison.
"You-you stupid, fox-hearted, slithering slug! You killed Dawnstar!" Wolfpaw yelled at Mouthclaw.
"Exactly!"
Wolfpaw suddenly screeched and stood before the snake. Then a dark stripped tom cat stepped next to Wolfpaw. "Thanks, Shadepaw." Wolfpaw said. "Always here for a friend," Shadepaw answered. Together they fought Mouthclaw like two TigerClan warriors.
"Hiss! Oh, I am old, I lived for a thousand moons in this place! You win warrior, I give up!" Mouthclaw hissed, lowering her head to the floor with guilt. Wolfpaw and Shadepaw proudly stood up. "Then leave this place--forever!" Wolfpaw ordered. Mouthclaw suddenly shot up and quickly slithered away. "Bye-bye! Cowards!" She yelled, somehow happily.

Wolfpaw and Shadepaw left without giving notice to Dawnstar. Silentkit padded in. "Silentkit! Watch out!" Cloudkit warned. Silentkit looked around and saw a puddle of poison on the floor, then hopped away from it. Then she lied down at Dawnstar's side. Im sorry, Dawnstar, I never got to meet you. I believe that you were a great leader for ThunderClan. Silentkit thought. Cloudkit stood beside her sister. "She's dead, Silentkit, she's walking with StarClan warriors now." She said, a painful knot twisted in her stomach. A tear rippled down Silentkit's cheek as her sister left the den.
The hunting patrol finally came back, full of shock. Moonfoot, a pitch black she-cat with one white paw, also the deputy of ThunderClan, hurried over to the warriors' den. Silentkit was still there with Dawnstar, in fact, she was sleeping on her chest. The amber kit woke up with a startle as she saw Moonfoot. "Oh, Dawnstar!" She exclaimed. "Why, why did you have to fight a pointless fight, and die for nothing?" Silentkit looked at the deputy. Moonfoot looked at her and licked her head. "Silentkit,, Dawnstar was a great leader, I wish you were able to meet her." Silentkit tried to smile, but it turned out as a sad, tearful smile. Moonfoot picked up their leader by the scruff, and carried her out. Cats gasped at the sad scene. "Everybody," Moonfoot started. "Dawnstar has died trying to save us from Mouthclaw. Now I must choose a new deputy before the body of Dawnstar. I will choose, Winterheart as my new deputy." The camp arose by the sound of cheering. Winterheart, a white she-cat, said, "Oh, Moonfoot, I am honored to be ThunderClan's deputy, thank you." Metalclaw scrapped the sandy ground. "It should've been Metalclaw, he is such a good warrior and would make a great leader." A brown, matted tom whispered. "Yeah, too bad though," A grey and orange tom added. "Now Moonfoot will have to go to the Moon-Stone to get her nine lives." Cloudkit whispered to Silentkit. The muted kit turned around and saw other kits playing in the mud. She sighed and walked over to join.
A blue-grey kit perked her head up and looked at Silentkit. "Hey," she said, "are you the one who can't talk?" Silenkit nodded. "Oh. Well, I'm Echokit. Nice t'meet you!" Silentkit nodded again.
"Do you wanna play with me?" Echokit asked. Silentkit looked down at her paws, then suddenly a huge splotch of mud landed on her head, and it dripped down to her eyes.
"Oops, sorry," Echokit said. Silentkit smiled and ran toward the mud pile. She soaked her paws in and threw the mud at her new friend. "Hey!" Echokit yelled, then she threw some more mud at Silentkit. They were having so much fun that they hardly noticed that they were soaking and dripping with smelly, but smooth mud.
"You horrible, little, muddy kits! Get out of the mud right now! Oh, you're so dirty!" A queen screamed.
"Its okay, Applewhisker, we are just playing," Echokit said, but Applewhisker picked her kit by the scruff and carried her into the nursery. Silentkit followed. Once Applewhisker was done cleaning them, Silentkit met the other kits.
"This, is Falconkit," Echokit said as she pricked her tail over to the grayish tom. "And this is Snakekit," Cloudkit said, and she shouldered the brown tom with tiny ears. Silentkit waved her paw. Falconkit, and Snakekit both said, "Hi," at the same time.
"You wannna play?" Falconkit asked. Silentkit happily nodded.
"Just don't play in the mud!" Applewhisker ordered.
**********

Silentkit suckled on her mom's tummy. The fresh, warm milk relaxed her. When Silentkit was almost full, her sister came in.
"Hey, Silentkit, you wanna try some vole meat?" Cloudkit asked. Meat, really? Silentkit thought. She wondered how the meat tasted like. Was it good, was it yucky? Then a thought hit her. If she ate meat, then she couldn't suck her mother's milk. Silentkit loves her milk. Of course she would not eat meat! Silentkit shook her head hard to show that she did not want the vole. Cloudkit backed away. She dipped her head to pick up the vole, and walked towards the other kits.
Now Silentkit felt that she hurt her sister's feelings. She got up and licked the milk on her face, then pawed over to the gang. Silentkit sat by Cloudkit, and tapped her shoulder with her tail to get her attention. Cloudkit looked down at her. "Yeah?" She asked. Silentkit didn't know how to explain that she was sorry. "Silentkit?" The amber she-kit looked back down then up to her sister. "What? Is something wrong?" Cloudkit asked. Silentkit slowly nodded. "Are you...hurt?" Silentkit shook her head. "Sick?" Again, she shook her head. Cloudkit softly smiled. "Sorry?" Her sister nodded. "To who?" Cloudkit asked. The muted kit pointed her tail to her sister. Cloudkit smiled more. "It's okay, Silentkit. You're the best sister anyone could have."
Silentkit never felt more happier than before. She felt her mother's tail shove her from her sister. She didn't fight. She was happy. "Come on, Silentkit," Nightfeather said. "Time to sleep." And Silentkit dreamily slept, still smiling.

Hey I wrote this like, I do't know... a year before I actually started to write it here. So for the first couple chapters, don't expect high quality. I started this in maybe...3rd or 4rth grade. I mended the plot and plan just a tinsy bit, so it's more understandable. Well, thanks for reading!