Chapter 11 - 🖤

Start from the beginning

No words were spoken after that. No other words needed to be said. I rest my pounding head on his shoulder and look up at him with heavy eyes.

He leans his head down and kisses my lips in a gentle yet comforting manner. I let my eyes fall closed, wanting to relieve some of the pain, and end up falling into a peaceful sleep in Damon's warm and protective arms.

♾♾♾♾

•Damon's POV ~

When Roxie told me that she's a virgin, I didn't even know what to think. My thoughts were running a million miles a minute. Then she told me that Lily is her sister which surprised me even more.

She starts telling me about her past and as she does, I feel my blood beginning to boil. I have never felt so enraged before. I have never wanted to kill someone so much in my entire life. I want their death to be slow and painful. I want to watch the life drain from their miserable faces.

I know that she's their mother but I don't fucking care. How can a mother do that to her own children? She shouldn't even be able to call herself a mother.

The thought of Roxie's biological father keeps appearing in my mind. She didn't mention him. I wanted to ask her about him but I didn't want to force her to talk about anything she didn't want to. She'll tell me when she's ready.

I look down at her, asleep in my arms. She looks peaceful and she's so beautiful. Even with puffy eyes from crying so much, she's still the most beautiful and strongest woman that I've ever met.

To step up and take care of a baby that isn't yours the way that a parent should... most teenagers wouldn't do that. They would want to go out to parties, hang out with their friends and get drunk. My girl became a sister, an adult, and a mother all at age sixteen.

Just when I think she can't get any more amazing, she surprises me. The more time that I spend with her, the more I want her. I lay on my back and shift her body onto my stomach with her head on my chest before placing a kiss on her forehead.

As I lay here on the couch with Roxie, rubbing her back and playing with her hair, a familiar voice breaks the silence, "Boss?"

I don't even need to look up to know who it is. I respond to her in a quiet tone, "Vanessa."

"What are you doing here?" She asks as she walks over and stands next to the couch.

I briefly glance at her before looking at my girl again, "What does it look like?"

She doesn't say anything and neither do I. I just watch silently as Roxie sleeps on my chest.

I rub my knuckles gently across her cheek before asking, "Did you know?"

Vanessa sighs and scratches her arm, "Yeah, I do but Roxie is an excellent mother to Lily."

Nodding my head, a sudden question pops up in my mind and I can't help but ask, "Is she going to tell her?"