“Your watch isn’t the only thing missing…” I tell her and she looks up at me shocked.

“What do you mean?” She asks me and I get chills thinking about it.

“The picture of Caden and I is gone, and so are a few other family pictures,” I tell her and she nods slowly.

“What about the necklace from Caden?” she asks me and I grab the chain and pull it out of my sweatshirt for her to see I still have it.  She lets out a huge breath nodding.

“Someone was obviously in here within the last ten hours,” she tells me and I start to shake feeling scared.

“Go check your room again and I’ll check mine to make sure everything is there,” she tells me and we both walk up the stairs together she parts her way into her room and I walk into mine.  Looking around once more I find more than I thought was moved around, almost as if someone was looking for something…

On my bed there is three pieces of crumbled up paper.  I slowly make my way over to them and pick the first one up.  It’s just a note from this boy that had a crush on me in middle school.  I don’t even know why I kept it, but I don’t remember taking these out of my night stand.

Walking over to my night stand I open the drawer and see that it is now completely empty.  What did I have in there?  Notes, pens, some bracelets, some pointless crap, and then the key to my safe at the bank…

Not only did I have money in there, but I had the most important stuff to me, like my grandma’s golden ring, some things that Caden and Jessica gave me, most likely jewelry.

This isn’t good.

“Jessica!” I call her and she comes walking into my room slowly with a wade of money in hand.

“What’s that?” I ask her.

“I found this in my jewelry box,” she says looking confused.  I shake my head then walk over to my jewelry box and pull out the wade of cash and hold it up to show her.

“There is at least a thousand here,” I tell her shaking my head not believing it.  She shakes her head as well then bits her lip looking to be deep in thought.

“What?” I ask wondering what she is thinking about.

“Should we check Caden’s room?” she asks quietly and I froze up.  We both had this unspoken rule that we wouldn’t go in there ever again.  We honestly don’t even know what’s in there; we haven’t been in there since he left.

“I don’t know,” I say quietly and she nods walking out and I slowly follow her.  All I know is I walked past the room one day and saw that just the basics were left in there.  His bed, dresser, and some things on the floor, but I never had the guts to walk in before.

Jessica reaches the door and starts to turn the knob, but before she does she looks behind her at me, I nod telling her to go for it.  She then opens the door and we both walk in utterly shocked.

The room is now completely empty.  Like nothing is in the room what so ever.  What is happening?  How is this happening?  Then in the middle of the room lies a single stick note with two words written sloppily on it.

“I’m sorry.”

That’s all the note reads and Jessica sets the note back down walking out of the room with me close behind her.  She walks down the stairs into the kitchen and pulls out a pad of paper and a pen.

“What’s missing?” she asks me sounding like she is holding back tears.

“Umm, my pictures, and the key to my safe at the bank,” I tell her and she looks up at me shocked.  I just nod confirming what I just told her.

“Ok I’m missing my watch, a necklace Louis got me, a picture of Caden and I, and my key to the safe at the bank,” she tells me writing it all down.

“When do you think this happened?” I ask her and she just shrugs.

“It could have been anytime between now and late last night,” she tells me and I nod.  I grab my phone out of my pocket and I text the first person I have thought of since this happened.

To: Niall (:

We were robbed….

-Tay

I send him the message and look up at Jessica who is starring at me intently.

“Who are you texting?” she asks me.

“Niall,” I answer truthfully and she nods a little.

“How do you feel about him?” she asks me and I feel my cheeks heat up.

“What do you mean?” I ask she, the blush still evident.

“I mean do you like him?” she asks me and I stop to think about this.  Do I like Niall?  I mean he’s really nice and sweet, and when he’s complimenting me I don’t feel like he’s just saying it to say it, I feel like he truly means every word he tells me.

“Yeah,” I tell her nodding my head with a smile.  I tell her this only because she is Jessica, she is the one person who can know all my secrets big and small.  She thinks this over for a minute, and then she lets out a breath.

“Ok.” She tells me and then she pulls out her phone and starts typing on it, I assume its Louis she is texting.  I feel my phone go off so I automatically check it.

From: Niall (:

What!? Are you ok?  We are on our way over!  Hang in there. Xx.

-Nialler

I show Jessica the text and she nods.

“Two kisses huh?” she asks with a small smile on her lips.  I blush at her comment.

“They’re just friendly kisses,” I say quietly and she giggles lightly.

“Right,” she says sarcastically.  I just leave it at that because I’m not in the mood to fight with her.

Just then there is a knock on the door and Jessica walks over to the door answering it.  All the boys come piling in and come into our kitchen with worried expressions.

“How are you?” Louis asks Jess and she shrugs.

“All right I guess,” she answers him, and he nods leaning down to place a kiss on her temple.  The boys smile starring at the two along with me.

“How are you?” Niall comes up whispering in my ear and I just give him a face and a shrug as an answer.

“Secrets secrets are no fun, unless you tell everyone,” Louis chimes looking at Niall and me.  All the boys’ chuckle and Niall shakes his head.

“I was just asking how she was,” Niall tells him truthfully and they all nod.

“So who do you think did it?” Liam asks speaking up.  I shake my head; I have no clue who did it.  I mean we always keep the doors locked and we have security cameras and stuff all over this mansion if someone that it doesn’t recognize is here alone it would go off.

“I know who it was,” Jessica speaks up and I look at her shocked.

“Who?” I choke out.  How does she know?  And why didn’t she tell me?

“Caden,” she says quietly.  No it couldn’t be.  Our brother wouldn’t steal our stuff.  He has been gone for awhile now; he can’t just be back… Or maybe he never left…

“How do you know?” I ask tears coming to my eyes.

“He left me a note along with the money,” she tells me, she has tears in her eyes as well.

“And what did the note say?” I choke out.  With that the room goes completely silent as she pulls the note out of her back pocket…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here it is!  I hope you enhoy it!  Thanks for reading!

If you like it...

Vote, comment, and or fan!