Chapter Twenty Five: Home

~WOOYOUNG~

  San and I were headed to my house so he could meet my parents. I had called my mom a day or two ago and let her know about what San's parents had said, so she knew what was going on when we showed up.

  I opened the front door of my house with my key. "Mommy! I'm home!"

  "My baby boy!" My mom came over, pulling me into a hug. "Wooyoung, it's so good to see you again! I've missed you so much. And you must be San! It's so nice to finally meet you!"

  My mom let me go, and immediately pulled San into a tight hug. San didn't move for a second, then he hugged her back.

  "I'm so sorry about what happened." My mom said softly. "Just know that you're always welcome here, okay? You can just show up at our door, and we'll always let you in."

  A quiet sniffle came from San.

  "Th- thank you..." He whispered.

  "Okay. You two go watch TV, I'm going to start making dinner. You're both so skinny, they don't feed you enough." My mom said. She was still holding onto San, playing with his hair gently. "I'll go make some dinner."

  She let San go, and the two of us went to the living room, sitting on the couch. I turned on the TV, turning on cartoons. San laid on my shoulder, snuggling against me.

  "Your mom is super nice." He said softly. "Thank you for bringing me here."

  "Of course! I knew she would love you." I told him. "I knew she would."

  San gave me a tiny smile. I brushed a rogue tear from his cheek. I placed a small kiss on his head.

  "Woo?" San said softly.

  "Yeah?" I said. San sat up, looking at me. "What's up, love? Talk to me."

  "Thank you for bringing me to meet your parents." He smiled at me softly. "Your mom is so kind. She's so nice and I just-"

  San started crying again, tears dripping down his cheeks.

  "Hey... No, don't cry. San, it's okay..." I pulled him close.

  He buried his face in my neck, clinging to me. I held him tight, rubbing his back. 

  My mom poked her head into the room, frowning when she saw San. She sat on the couch behind him, rubbing his back too. 

  "Sweetie..." She said softly. "It's okay..."

  This only made San cry harder.

  "Oh honey." My mom said. "I'm sorry they were so cruel to you. You're a sweet boy. Wooyoung cares about you so much. You make him so, so happy. You will always be welcome in this house. Because he loves you. Which means we do too. Okay?"

  San moved away from me, and hugged my mom, crying. She held him close.

  "You are loved, sweetheart. So much. It's all okay." She held him until he stopped crying. She brushed his tears away. "Do you want to help me make dinner? I'm making one of Wooyoung's favorites. I can show you how to make it."

  A small smile appeared on San's face, and he gave her a little nod.

  My mom led San to the kitchen, and I watched the two of them cook together.

  I hadn't seen San smile this much in a few days. The phone call from his dad had broken him, but it looked like he was coming back together.

  My mom made him laugh as they cooked. I watched them happily, watching San's face light up. My mom was right, I really loved him.