Chapter Eight: Found

~MINGI~

  I was curled up on the floor still. I didn't have the energy to move anymore. It had been days since I had eaten, and I had barely gotten any sleep. I had given up hope of ever leaving at this point.

  I heard a loud crash from somewhere outside the room I was locked in. I could only imagine what my kidnapper had planned for me.

  There was some scuffling outside the door, and then it creaked open.

  "Just get it over with..." I mumbled.

  "Mingi!" A familiar voice shouted my name.

  I sat up as San came running into the room. He dropped to the floor next to me, pulling me into his arms. He clung to me. I whimpered as he jostled my arm.

  "Mingi... Mingi, oh my god..." San started crying.

  "My arm..." I whimpered. "Be careful..."

  Suddenly it hit me like a brick wall. San was actually here. They had actually found me. I was going to get out of here. I immediately started sobbing hysterically, clinging to San with my good hand.

  "Hey... Hey, it's okay..." San said softly, though he was crying himself. "It's okay, we're gonna get you out of here."

  "Hongjoong called for an ambulance." Wooyoung said, coming over. "Help is on the way, Mingi. You're gonna be okay."

  The two sat with me, holding me close, waiting until the ambulance came.

  "You're gonna be just fine." Wooyoung said softly.

  I clung to San, even as the medics tried to put me in the ambulance.

  "Please! Please don't make him leave!" I begged. "Please don't make him leave!"

  "Okay! Okay." A nice EMT said. "He can come with. He'll come with. Just take a breath."

  They got me on the stretcher, and into the ambulance. San climbed in with me, taking my good hand.

  "I'll be right here the whole time. I promise. Okay? Just take a breath." San said soothingly. "Everything is going to be okay."

  "Alright, sweetheart. I'm going to sedate you, okay? It'll be easier to check your arm and to take care of you without hurting you." The EMT said. "Is that okay? You're just gonna take a nap. You'll wake up all cozy in bed."

  I looked over at San, slightly panicked.

  "It's okay. She just wants to help. I'll be right here the whole time." He told me. "I promise."

  I nodded to the EMT, who got an IV set up quickly. I felt sleepy very, very quickly.

  "Don't fight it." San said softly. He gently played with my hair. "Don't fight, Mingi. Just go to sleep. It's okay."

  I nodded lightly, letting my eyes drift shut.

 XXXXX

  I was so warm and comfortable when I woke up. I didn't even open my eyes at first. I finally opened my eyes, blinking a couple times. 

  "Mingi?" San's voice. "Hey! You're awake! Are you feeling okay?"

  I looked over at him, a small smile forming on my lips.

  "I'm okay..." I whispered.

  I reached up with my good hand, my right arm, touching my neck. It was bandaged up.

  "Hey, careful." San warned. "Your neck got really burnt from the shock collar. That's what those bandages are for. They also gave you a really cool 3D printed cast, so you can still take showers and stuff without needing to worry about covering it. It can get wet!"

  I lifted my now casted arm. The cast was cool, but you could see just how nasty my arm looked. It was horribly bruised. Purple, green, blue, all colors. It looked really awful.

  San looked away the second I lifted my arm, so I quickly put it back down, tucking it under the covers.

  San took my good hand.

  "So you're feeling okay?" He asked.

  "Yeah. Just tired. And sore. Everything hurts." I said softly. "How did you guys find me? Where are the others?"

  San quickly gave me a rundown of how they figured out where I was, and what they had planned to come find me.

  "We ended up calling an ambulance to get you out." San said.

  "I remember that part. I really didn't think you were there at first..." I admitted. "I really couldn't believe you had actually found me."

  "I was worried we wouldn't find you. But I'm glad we did." San said, rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb. "You look exhausted. Go back to sleep. I'll still be here."

  I nodded, listening to San immediately. I shut my eyes, and fell asleep quickly. It was the best sleep I had had since I was taken.