Chapter Thirteen: Feelings

~WOOYOUNG~

  I went to check on Hongjoong in the morning. I knocked on his door quietly. "Fearless leader? Can I come in?"

  "Yeah, come in." Hongjoon's quiet response.

  I opened the door, heading inside.

  "How are you feeling? How is your heart? Do you need anything? I think Jongho is making breakfast." I said, going over to the bed. I sat down on the edge of it.

  "I'm doing okay." Hongjoong said. "I'm still really, really tired. My chest hurts a little, but the doctor said that would be normal. It's sore. But I'm really okay. I'll take some breakfast when it's ready though."

  Hongjoong sat up a little, wincing as he did so. He ran a hand through his hair.

  "Are you doing okay?" He asked. "I haven't really gotten to check on anybody."

  I chuckled lightly.

  "You shouldn't have to check on people, Joong." I told him. "You need to rest. You can stop being the leader for a little while, we all get it."

  He leaned on my shoulder. I put an arm around him gently.

  "So... You wanna talk about you and San?" Hongjoong asked.

  I felt my face turn red.

  "...Huh?" I asked. "What  are you talking about?"

  "Okay, maybe it's only obvious to me." Hongjoong said. "But there's obviously SOMETHING between the two of you. I saw how you've been taking care of him. Come on, Woo. I'm not blind."

  "He doesn't know." I said softly. "And I don't really plan to tell him."

  "Aha! I was right!" Hongjoong said, sitting up. He grinned at me. That stupid happy grin.

  My face was bright red.

  "Keep it down!" I said. "Shut up! He doesn't know. I want to keep it that way."

  "You really aren't going to tell him?" Hongjoong asked. "Woo, I think you should."

  "No! He's one of my best friends, and I'm not going to mess it up on a tiny chance." I told him. "I can't do that to him. Or myself. I'd rather not know. I'm gonna go. Just text me if you need anything."

  "Wait, Wooyoung, I didn't mean to upset you." Hongjoong said as I got up. "Wooyoung wait!"

  I left the room, grabbing a jacket. I headed for the front door of the dorm.

  "Where are you going?" Jongho asked. "Breakfast is almost ready. Wooyoung?"

  "I'm going for a walk. I'll be back later." I said quickly.

  "Wooyoung!" Yeosand shouted after me.

  I left the dorms, slamming the door behind me. I felt my phone start vibrating in my pocket almost immediately. I rejected the call from Hongjoong, calling an old friend from school.

  "Jung Wooyoung, do you know what fucking time it is?" She asked. "It's like nine AM, you're lucky I was awake. What do you want?"

  "Dani remember how you always said I was no fun?" I asked. "You always made fun of me for not going out? Take me out."

  There was silence on the other end.

  "Wait. Seriously?" Dani asked. "Like you actually-"

  "Yes." I said, cutting her off. "I'm coming over. And we're going out tonight."

  A loud laugh came from her.

  "Oh my god, I've literally been waiting for this. I'm going to get you SO wasted." She cackled. "Yeah, okay. See you soon." She hung up.

  I shoved my phone in my pocket, making my way to her house. I just wanted to be done for a while.