Chapter Fifteen: Mistakes

~WOOYOUNG~

  I woke up with my head throbbing. I groaned, I didn't want to open my eyes.

  "W- Wooyoung?" Yunho's voice. It was soft, shaky. "Are you awake?"

  I opened my eyes a tiny bit, looking over at him. His eyes were red, and swollen. And full of tears.

  "Oh thank god..." Yunho whispered, a tear falling down his cheek. "You scared the hell out of us..."

  I shut my eyes again, it hurt my head to keep them open.

  "I... don't remember a lot..." I said softly. "I remember you coming to get me from the club. You were so angry. I made everyone really worried."

  I tried hard to think of what had happened after that, but I couldn't remember.

  "I-" Yunho hiccupped quietly, he was still crying. "I made you take the stairs by yourself. I was mad, so I didn't help you. You- You were stumbling too much to do the stairs by yourself, I-"

  He stopped, sniffling a little. 

  "You fell. You tripped and fell. All the way down the stairs. You cracked your head open really badly and I-" He stopped again as he started crying too hard to speak.

  I opened my eyes again, looking over at Yunho. I didn't care how much it hurt, I couldn't leave him like that. I reached a hand out to him. He took it, pulling it close.

  "I'm s- so sorry! I shouldn't have let you go like that, I was mad, I wasn't thinking..." Yunho sobbed. "I'm so sorry! This was all my fault!"

  "I deserved it." I said softly. "I was being an ass. Have you been here all night?"

  Yunho looked up at me, tears streaming down his face.

  "I wasn't going to leave you alone... I didn't want you to wake up alone..." He whispered.

  A doctor poked their head into the room. It was Mina, the doctor that had helped my other members.

  "Oh! You're awake, that's great!" She came into the room, smiling at me. "You managed to get out of this all without a concussion. Which is like, basically a miracle. But! You do have... A ton of staples in your head. And stitches! Which sucks. You're really lucky."

  "I was really stupid." I murmured.

  "Yes. You were." Mina said. "But you're still very lucky. We should be able to let you go home later today. You'll just need to come back in a few weeks to get all of the binding removed. Try not to fall down any more stairs, okay?"

  I nodded lightly.

  "I gave Yunho here all the instructions for taking care of you when you're home. Just take it easy." Mina smiled.

  A few hours later, I was cleared to go home. Yunho helped me to the car, and into the dorm when we got back. I had bandages wrapped around my head, I knew it wasn't pretty. All six of my other members were downstairs in the living room waiting when we walked in.

  No one said anything for a while, everything was silent.

  "I'm really sorry." I whispered. I was trying not to cry, it hurt my head. "I'm so, so fucking sorry."

  Tears fell anyway, I couldn't stop them. Hongjoong got up slowly, coming over to me. He hugged me tightly.

  "We're ust glad you're home." He whispered. "We're just glad you're here."

  I looked up at him. He gave me a weak smile.

  "Let's get back to bed." He said softly. "All of us injured kids." He was trying to joke around.

  Yunho helped me to my room, getting me settled in bed.

  "Do you need anything?" He asked.

  "No. I'm okay." I said softly. "I think I'm just going to sleep."

  He nodded, patted my leg gently, then left the room, leaving me alone.

  After a few minutes, my door opened again.

  "I'm still fine, Yunho." I said softly.

  "Not Yunho." A whisper greeted me. San. "Can I come in?"

  "Oh. Yeah. Come in." I said.

  San came into my room, and shut my door behind him, but he didn't come any closer to me.

  "What's up?" I asked. "Is everything-"

  "Hongjoong told me why you ran off like you did." San cut me off. He was staring at the ground. "He told me about your guys' conversation."

  I could feel the color drain from my face. I looked away immediately, sitting up.

  "Y- you really thought you couldn't come to me with something like that?" San asked softly. "You're one of my best friends. I would have- I would have understood."

  "No, San. You wouldn't have. I can't just tell one of my best friends that I have feelings for them. Everything would get weird, and we'd barely talk and it would just push you away from me." I said softly. "I didn't want that."

  San slowly made his way over to my bed, sitting down on the edge of it. He was near me, but neither of us were looking at each other.

  "You big dummy." He whispered, sniffling. He was crying now.

  I felt my heart shatter as his tears hit my bed.

  "San, I-" I couldn't think of what to say. "I'm sorry."

  "You're such a dummy." San repeated. He leaned forward, placing a gentle kiss on my cheek. "Of course I would have understood. I've had feelings for you for so long, I was just afraid to tell you." His voice was a quiet whisper. "I was waiting for the right time. I didn't think you'd have to crack your head open for it to be the right time, but- But I guess it is..."

  "San, I'm so sorry..." I whispered again. "I'm so stupid..."

  "Yes. You are." He whispered. "And once you're healed, I'm going to hit you."

  San gently took my hand. I didn't want him to ever let go.