Chapter Sixteen: Say Yes

~WOOYOUNG~ 

  We had all taken our time to heal. San spent a lot of time with Mingi, he still wasn't super comfortable being alone. He and I hadn't talked since the confession. I went to the hospital to get all the staples and stitches removed. My head was all healed up, and I felt so much better.

  I got back home, and snuggled happily back into my bed.

  There was a quiet knock at my door. "Woo? Can I come in?" It was San. "Can we talk?"

  "Umm. Sure. We can talk." I said softly. I sat up as San came into the room. "What's up?"

  San sighed. "Wooyoung, really? It's literally been... almost a month since we've talked. I miss you. You're one of my best friends. I fucking miss you, man."

  "I know, I just- after-" I sighed. I couldn't think of the right words to say.

  "I told the company about it." San said.

  I looked up at him, wide eyed.

  "Sorry, you did what?!" I demanded.

  "I told the company about our conversation, Woo." San said. "And they're not mad. They don't really even care. They just want us to be happy."

  "San, what the hell!?" I demanded. "You didn't think to run that by me first?! They could have fired us!"

  "Yeah, I mean... But they didn't!" San said. He was grinning at me. "They don't even care, so it doesn't really matter."

  "San. It does matter!" I said. "You risked both of our careers on a crush!"

  "I- I thought you would be happy..." San said softly. "Cause they- they don't care..."

  "What will the public think? What will Atiny think?!" I asked. " San, you really weren't thinking."

  "I was thinking about you, you asshole!" San said, huffing. "I have feelings for you! And from what it sounded like, you have feelings for me too! I wanted to be with you!"

  I shook my head lightly.

  "San, San wait. I don't want to fight. Just- Just come here. Talk to me face to face. Don't just loom in my doorway." I said. "Come here."

  San cautiously came over to my bed, sitting on the edge of it. It took a minute before he finally looked up at me, our eyes meeting.

  "I don't want to fight, San. But you have to understand why I'm so upset. Don't you?" I asked.

  "Y- yeah, I do, I just-" San sniffled. He had started to cry. My heart ached, because I knew it was my fault. "I did it for you..."

  I reached out, gently wiping his tears away.

  "Please don't cry..." I whispered. "San..."

  San wiped at his face, trying to brush the tears away.

  "San, please... Look at me..." I whispered.

  San looked up, gently resting his forehead against mine.

  "I don't care what anyone thinks." He said softly. "Not the public, not the company. Not Atiny. No one. All I care about is YOU, Jung Wooyoung. I just want you to be mine. And I want to be yours. I couldn't give a damn about what the world thinks. The only one that matters is you."

  I couldn't speak, I didn't want to. My heart was racing a thousand miles a minute.

  "Wh- what do you want me to say?" I asked. "How do I respond to that?"

  "Say yes, you dumbass!" San said. "I'm asking you out!"

  "I- wait. You are? Is that what's happening?" I laughed, sitting back a little. "You've totally lost me."

  "I hate you." San rolled his eyes. "Oh my god. Wooyoung. I want you to be my boyfriend."

  He paused, looking up at me.

  "So umm... What do you say?" San asked quietly.

  "Of course I say yes, you idiot." I laughed quietly.

  San chewed on his lip for a second, like he was thinking.

  "Hey, Wooyoung? I just- Umm- Ah, fuck it." 

  San gently grabbed my face, and pulled my close, pressing his lips against mine.

  I was in heaven. If this was a dream, I didn't ever want to wake up.

  San was mine.

Ransom and Rewardजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें