Chapter Twenty One: Vibes

~MINGI~

  As my first week of practice went, I learned more and more about Marielle. I really enjoyed dancing with her. She was fun, and always made jokes to make me smile. She helped me when I had panic attacks as well. She was so good to me.

  My other members kept teasing me about her too. They all thought I should ask her out, but there was no way in hell I was going to do that.

  "Good morning Mingi!" Marielle called brightly. "How are you feeling today?"

  "I'm doing okay." I gave her a shy smile. "Thank you. How about you?"

  "I'm good! Ready to get to dancing." Marielle said. "Thought it would be fun to dance together today! What do you think?"

  "Together? Like... as a pair?" I asked shyly. "Uhh. Yeah! Sure, we can do that."

  "It won't be as intensive that way, you've worked so hard this week, you deserve a break!" Marielle smiled at me.

  She grabbed my hands, pulling me into the room as she started the music. I recognized the song, but it was in English, so I wasn't sure what it was called.

  She stepped close to me, moving my hands so they were on her waist. I could feel my face flush immediately. I was holding her against me now as she slowly started to dance.

  "If any of this is too much, just let me know, okay?" Marielle said. "We're gonna take it pretty easy, but I know you've been sore."

  I nodded, too shy to say anything. We danced together slowly, I was trying my best to not step on her toes.

  "You're doing great!" Marielle said as the song changed. This one was faster, quicker paced.

  We danced together happily. Towards the end of the song, my body moved on its own, and I pinned Marielle against the wall.

  "I uhh- sorry. I can- umm-" I stammered, my face bright red.

  "This uhh. Was unexpected." Marielle said softly. She was staring up at me. Her cheeks were pink. "Yeah umm- I- This is a... different vibe."

  "Yeah." I said softly. "Sorry, I'll move."

  "You don't have to..." Marielle whispered. "I don't... mind."

  I bit my lip gently, staring down at her.

  "Mingi?" Marielle said. "I umm- are you going to-?"

  "Yeah. I am." I gave a little nod, then leaned down, gently pressing my lips against hers.

  Marielle wrapped her arms around me gently, kissing me back softly. Her lips were soft, they tasted like her chapstick. She smelled good too. I kept my hands on her waist as I kissed her.

  I hadn't realized how badly I wanted this, but now that it was happening, I didn't want it to stop.