Chapter Fourteen: Missed Calls

~WOOYOUNG~

I spent the day with Dani, mostly just milling around and watching TV. I shut my phone off after a while, I was tired of them calling me. 

  "Okay, okay. Are you ready?" Dani asked. Night had fallen. "We're actually doing this?"

  I took a deep breath, but nodded. 

  "Yeah. We're doing this." I told her. "Let's go."

  "Okay!" She pulled me out of her apartment, and to a club nearby her house that I knew she went to all the time. 

  It didn't take us long to get in. The music was loud, and the club was dark, other than the flashing lights going off every few seconds.

  "I'm going to get us some drinks!" Dani shouted over the music. I just nodded in response. I did my best to follow her to the bar. "Do you know what you want?"

  I shook my head. She ordered something, and handed me one when they arrived. I could barely taste the alcohol in it, it was sweet tasting.

  "It's strong! Don't drink it too fast!" Dani warned me, taking a sip of her drink. "Be careful! It will sneak up on you!"

  I listened to her, but only partially. The more of the drink I had, the more I wanted. I finished it a lot faster than I should have, setting the glass down on an empty table. Dani wasn't wrong, the alcohol hit me quickly. That didn't stop me from taking another drink when Dani offered it to me.

  "Come on! Let's go dance!" Dani attempted to pull me towards the dance floor. I stumbled as she pulled me along. She laughed at me. "Wow! You're already drunk, huh?"

  I just nodded, a little happy smirk on my face. We got to the dance floor, and we danced together happily. Just as friends, we were an arms length apart. But it was nice to be out with her. I had missed her.

  "Drink that one slower!" Dani said, laughing. "It's already half gone! I'm cutting you off!"

  My head was swimming already, everything moving in slow motion. Things were fuzzy, but I didn't care. I was so far away from myself that it didn't matter.

  I pulled my phone out of my pocket eventually, turning it back on.

  "Come on, you don't want to see the damage!" Dani teased.

  "Nah, just gonna let em know I'm alive!" I said, my words running together.

  Once my phone had restarted, notifications started coming in. Between all of the members that had called me, I had over 100 missed calls. And texts that my eyes wouldn't focus enough to read.

  [I'm alive. Be home later.] A quick text, sent to the first member's text I opened, I wasn't sure who it sent to. I shoved my phone back in my pocket, going back to dancing with Dani. I downed the rest of my drink of the next bit of time.

  "Hey umm." Dani said after a little while. "Isn't that one of your group mates?"

  I turned around slowly, trying to keep my balance. I came face to face with Yunho.

  "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" He shouted over the music. "You had everyone worried! This is what you were out doing?! Seriously?! What he fuck is the matter with you?!"

  I just shrugged, looking away.

   "Everybody is already stressed the fuck out! Hongjoon, Seonghwa, Mingi, do you know what your disappearance did to all of them?! How worried they were?!" Yunho shouted. I had never seen him this angry. "We're leaving! Now!"

  Dani had vanished into the crowd, which was for the better. I didn't want her getting wrapped up in all of this anyway. Yunho grabbed my arm roughly, dragging me out of the club. I could barely keep up, I was stumbling along.

  "And you're fucking wasted!" Yunho was still shouting at me. "You've really fucked up this time! Do you see that?!"

  I didn't say anything, I was too focused on keeping myself upright.

  "Hongjoong has a weak heart right now, why the FUCK would you do this?!" Yunho just kept shouting at me. "Huh?! Say something!"

  He shoved me gently.

  "Stairs, the stairs..." I mumbled lamely. "I can't do the stairs..."

  "You got yourself into this mess, I'm not fucking helping you!" Yunho said. "Use the railing, you fucking asshole."

  Yunho left my side, heading down the stairs quickly. I stumbled a little as I grabbed the railing, trying to guide myself down the staircase in front of me.

  "Hurry up! It's cold! I want to go home!" Yunho huffed.

  I couldn't make my feet go any faster, they barely wanted to move at all. Suddenly, the world tipped sideways. I couldn't figure out why.

  "Wooyoung!" Yunho's shout wasn't angry anymore, he sounded scared. 

  What was going on? I just wanted to see straight again.

  I fell down the flight of stairs, and was knocked unconscious as my head hit the cement at the bottom.