3. Salvation

Selene swallowed. The possibility of her impending death never seemed so real and yet the skin that made contact with the Redeemer was on fire.

Selene had lived for almost two hundred years. She had not bothered to count and was too old to remember when she was born.

But never, had she felt so electrified by someone.

She was not a creature who succumbed to lust.

But pure lust was all she felt for him. It was strange because the Redeemer was that attractive. He had pretty enough hair, little cherubic blond curls. But they looked out of place on such a hard face. The effect was jarring.

This was a damned inconvenient time to lust after someone. Selene could not be this idiotic as to want him of all people.

"You do realise how lame you sound?" She breathed, panting slightly.

"I don't think you understand the severity of this situation." He flipped her so that she faced him. "Your rights have been revoked."

She hated these tight-asses.

"All I did was screw things up for a few measly humans!"

"In doing so, you have endangered all of us. You're bringing attention to our kind! People reported you to their law enforcement!"

"What for?"

He got off of her and started dragging her away.

Selene raised her handcuffed hands to clutch the lapels of his jacket. "Tell me..." She whispered, adding a subtle hint of her song.

The Redeemer was unimpressed.

A flash of movement caught her eye and then before she could interpret what happened, Selene was pushed against the wall again, with a blade to her neck.

"Try that again. I dare you."

There was utter coldness in his eyes. It rubbed her the wrong way because that was her thing.

So her powers definitely didn't work on him. Now her heart was beating wildly, surely he must feel it with his hand pressed against her. She forgot what fear used to feel like.

Dread weighed like a rock in her belly. What if it was not fear? Apparently she had a thing for people trying to kill her. No one had wanted her death so bad before. She begrudgingly admitted that her attraction made sense now.

Selene pressed her neck ever so slightly against the blade, enough to make an imprint, "What's your name?"

The Redeemer blinked, "What?"

"Your name, Redeemer"

"I don't need to tell you that. What's important is that I know yours, Selene Smith."

That wasn't her real last name. She had forgotten that long ago and used 'Smith' when she needed human documentation.

"I need to know so I can make an official report against you to your superiors."

He scoffed and began to drag her again so fast her she almost fell, twice. Her killer platform heels did not help. She had dressed in a slinky top and tight jeans for casual fun, not to be mauled by someone.

Selene wondered if she should do something so base as to scream but the street was deserted. Showing him how afraid she was was not a good idea.She needed to wait for an opportunity. One thing redeemers don't do is tangle their affairs with humans. If she brought a human in this, he couldn't harm them or let them know what they were.