"I know Monica but I'm here and I'm not going anywhere. You can be with me we can both watch him. "

I walk towards and pick her up the floor.

"Hey what do you think you are doing. Let me go."

Monica goes over to pick Alex. "Mimi!" He squeals.

I drag Ava to her room. She keeps looking back her shoulder for him.

"He is alright. Don't fret tesoro."

"Where are you draging me yo...you barbarian?" She glares at me.

I snort. I have heard worse. Barbarian? Actually kinda cute. When we are inside her room I shut the door from inside.

"What is the meaning of this, Amadeo? You know he is sick. He needs me."

"He is quite alright now. It's you needs to get out of this reverie."

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean is you need a shower, a proper meal and a good ten hours sleep?"

Her cheeks turn red. "I'm fine."

"No you are not." I say advancing towards her. She backs up as her knees collide on th bed and she falls on it.

"I....I don't need anything." She says nervously. "Alex needs me."

"Alex is fine Ava. He was sick few days ago now he is doing a lot better. You need to cut yourself some slack. You seem like you would collapse anytime now." There were bag under her eyes. She looked so tired yet this stubborn girl was refusing to rest.

"Like I said I'm fine. Why are you hovering over me. I'm okay on my own."

"Oh yeah ? Then what would you have done if Daniel wasn't there to call the doctor?" She let out a gasp. As soon as the words left my mouth, I realised my mistake. Oh shit. Her eyes watered as she stared into mine.

"You don't think I realised that." A tear trickled down her cheek.

"Ava I didn't mean...."

"I'm really thankfull for Daniel as he was there. Don't assume that I'm not. "

"Ava..."

"It could've been so much worse. My poor baby was choking for air. I ... I didn't know what to do."

By now she was full on crying. Oh I hate myself for doing that. I enveloped her in my arms amd held as she cried.

"I am so sorry tesoro. I didn't mean to do that. You are a brave mother. You saved him by doing something that people cringe out . He is better now because of you. I just wish you would've told me sooner that he is sick."

She cried harder and I held her more tightly.

"I know you needed space after what I told you about my family but I need you to trust me for I would do anything to protect the two of you."

I turned her to face me and wiped all her tears. "I love that kid too Ava. "

"I'm sorry. I just didn't know what to do . It was just a lot to take in for me."

"I know tesoro. I know." I said as I kissed her all over her face. This time she hugged me and buried her face in my chest.

"I'm thankful for all of you." She said. "You guys have helped Alex and I so much. I couldn't have done this alone."

She shouldn't have to. Being a mother at such an young age was not easy. A child should be taken care of by both parents. So why was Ava struggling all alone in this.

"Ava?"

"Hmmm?"

"Why are doing all this alone?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I know you have been alone with Alex even before we brought you here but why? Where is his father?"

She sucked in a breath. Her eyes widened and she pulled away from me. She looked like she was about to cry again.

"I don't like talking about that please don't ask me about that. " She said closing her eyes.

Fuck! I screwed up again. Who was tbis motherfucker that brought so much pain for a my precious tesoro.

"Hey. I won't ask if you don't want me to." I said cupping her face. "You can tell me when you're ready. For now take care of your self. Get cleaned up, eat and sleep. Please don't argue with me on that one."

She nodded. "Okay I'll do that. Thank you for everything, Amadeo."

"You don't have to thank me tesoro. You never have to thank me. " I said pressing one last kiss to her forehead.

I left in her room. She might not be ready to tell me but I have to find out. I will have to find out about that son of a bitch absentee father.

"Boss?" Said the voice on the other line.

"Go over Ava and her child's background again and this time don't fuck up."

A/N : Hi my beautiful friends. I know it's been a whiiiiiiiiiiile but I'm back with an update. It's just been really busy and life as teenager is hectic especially when A levels decide to fuck you up. Anyways enjoy the update. I love you guys so much. I'm thankfull for all ny readers who waited patiently and wrote encouraging comments. Hugs and kisses for the fam.

Don't forget to VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE if like the update. See you hopefully soon.

Lot's of love ❤❤❤❤❤
AisheeSaha 😘😘😘😘😘