Chapter 21

Ava's POV

I woke up to the sound of knocking on the door. Damn how long did I sleep? I rubbed the sleep off my eyes and glanced at the clock on the wall. It's already ten in the morning. Oh no! The knock sounded again with a voice.

"Ava? Are you up?"

Oh gosh it's Amadeo. His voice brought back all the memories of last night. The way we were embracing each other under the moonlight. A blush crept my cheeks and my face broke into a grin.

"Ava? Are you okay? Please answer me?"

Oh no. I got so lost in my thoughts that I completely forgot about him standing outside the door. I rushed out of bed to open the door.

"Hey." He said with a relieved expression.

"Good morning. I just woke up now. Didn't realise I slept that late." I said sheepishly.

"I got worried when you didn't answer. I thought something happened to you or Alex."

"I'm sorry."

He smiled. "It's okay no worries."

I noticed his hand being bend weirdly behind him.

"What's that?" I asked gesturing towards his hand.

"No nothing. Come and have breakfast after freshening up." He said as he quickly hurried out of the doorstep. I felt as if I saw some shiny metal. Maybe it's my misconception. I went over to Alex. He was sleeping. Strange. Why is he still sleeping? I placed a hand on his forehead. It was warm but nothing alarming. I picked him up and snuggled closer to my chest.

"Wake up baby. It's morning already." I said rubbing his eyes.

His eyes then slowly opened and he peeked at me. I smiled at him.

"Good morning baby love." He smiled at me too but his smile didn't last long. He rubbed his eyes and again snuggled closer to me. He is behaving unusually quiet. He is always active in the morning what's wrong today?

"Are you sick bubba?" He let out a whimper and rubbed his face in my shirt.

Oh my poor baby. It's the teething pain.

"We'll remove the pain okay. You will feel good soon." I quickly changed ourselves and went towards the kitchen. Amadeo was leaning against the counter reading a newspaper.

"Hi." He looked up .

"Hi. Let's have breakfast. Oh hi Alex. Good morning to you."

Alex just stared at him.

"What's got him so gloomy today?"

"He is in pain but he will well. I just have to give him a warm press. He will be okay soon."

He was about to say something when we hear the doorbell.

"Who is that?" He said."I'll go check. You stay here." I nodded.

I prepared a warm press for Alex and placed it in places where it was swollen.

"You will be okay bubby." He cooed with me enjoying the warmth. Then I heard someone arguing with Amadeo.

"You shouldn't travel in this state Sam. You are almost 7 months pregnant. Why are you stressing yourself ? You shouldn't have come all the way to meet me. Listen to your husband for once."

"That's what I said but she won't listen to me."

"Oh shut up. I'm the one carrying the baby. You men don't know anything. I get bored being in the house all day. Don't flatter yourself I came here to meet Ava and Alex. Oh there they are!"