Chapter 32

Ava's POV

"It's just a seasonal flu, signorina. He will be fine. Call for me if needed." The doctor said.

"Thank you doctor. " I said. He smiled and left.

I picked up Alex and he snuggled closer to me. "You're gonna be okay bubba. Mama is here for you."

He let out a whimper and rubbed his eyes. My poor baby has been sick for two days. His fever is down but his body is still a little warm. He wakes up every hour and I haven't slept in two days. Amadeo was out and it was just Monica and I in the house. Monica has to back and forth between houses as her newborn grandson needs her too. She mentioned about telling the Rossi family but I didn't want to trouble them. I was used to taking care of baby alone and after what Amadeo told me I really needed space.

I wrapped up Alex in blankets, gave him his soft toy and sat him down on the high chair as I prepared his food in the kitchen. The telephone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey Ava sweetie how's Alex doing?"

"The doctor just came by and said he will be fine. He is a little warm and coughs other than that he is okay."

"Oh good . Rub some vaporub on his chest before bed. It will help him sleep better."

"Oh yes. Thank you Monica. Will you stay the night there?"

"Yes unfortunately. But I have informed the Rossi household and master Daniel will come by. Mrs. Rossi is in Venice and Mr. Antonio is with his wife. Mr. Daniel will be there as soon as he can."

"You didn't have to Monica. I didn't want to trouble them. You didn't tell Amadeo, did you?"

"No my dear. You told me not to and respect that. I don't know why though. What is the harm in informing him?"

"I don't want to bother him. He left in a rush." Lies. I just don't want to face him.

"Fine. Take care my dear. Call me if anything is needed and I have left Mr.Rossi's number on the fridge."

"Which Mr.Rossi?"

"You know the one. Your Mr. Rudy."

"Monica!!!"

She laughed. "Bye my dear. Give Alex kisses from me."

She hung up. I shook my head. Where did she hear that?

I prepared some food for Alex and I. Feeding Alex is now really tough considering his loss of appetite. I prepared snacks for him to munch on. I changed him and rubbed some vaporub on his chest. He dozed off and I took that opportunity to do some laundrary. I took the baby monitor with me as he could wake up at any time. I placed the clothes in wash and folded the dry laundrary. A black t shirt fell out of the bundle. I picked it up. Okay. Him again. I'm literally trying to avoid him right now. Even his things won't leave me alone especially after he dropped that mafia bomb on me. Now everything made so much sense. What I still couldn't understand was how Nate got involved in such stuff. The only reason I'm not fleeing from this place is that I want answers. Suddenly I hear Alex's cries from the baby monitor. I ran towards my room where he was supposed to be sleeping.

He was kicking off all the blankets. His face was all red. What is going? Oh my God. I didn't know what to do . I pick him up. His cries getting more. Louder he is gasping for air. Oh God. His nose was running I tried to clear his boggers but it did nothing. I was bawling with tears. Oh baby.

"Sunshine. Where are you?" I heard Daniel call.

"In here Daniel." I screamed .

He came rushing through the door. "Hey hey what's wrong?"