Chapter 28

Amadeo's POV

I squared my shoulders and removed all the tension . Straightening my suit I fixed the ear device Daniel gave me. I went over to the other side of the car to get Ava out. I opened the door and looked at my gorgeous date. Damn she is beautiful. She smiled as I offered my hand. I draped her hand around my arm to keep her close. As much as I would love to loose myself in her beauty but I must stay vigilant.

We entered the grand ballroom and were almost immediately attacked by curious stares and whispers. I couldn't care less. I witnessed this every I attended any of these events. I felt Ava go tense on my arm. Certainly it was her first time attending such an event. I tightened my hold on her.

"Hey, relax. Just ignore them."

She laughed nervously. "Easy for you to say. You're not the one dreading to trip on these."

"You won't I'll hold on to you. "

"You better because I don't know where to go around in this fancy schmansy party. "

I laughed. "Why you didn't have parties back home?"

"We did. But not this high and mighty."

"Well Miss Wilson allow me to show you around this aristrocratic Italian party ."

"Lead the way Mr. Rossi." She chuckled.

After searching the whole ball room for the past hour there was still no sign of him. I got Ava a fruit punch and some scotch for myself. I pressed that device in my ear.

"I can't see him yet. Are you sure he's going to be here." I said.

"I'm sure brother. He has to make an appearance here after all this 'charity' is one of his fronts."said Antonio through the ear piece.

"Fine. I'll keep looking. "

Ava's POV

"Why are you talking to yourself?" I asked amusingly. I was drinking this fruit punch Amadeo got me and suddenly saw his lips moving like he was talking.

"No I'm not." He said smiling at me. "Did you enjoy your drink?" He said changing the subject.

"I did actually. It was quiet refreshing. " I said letting the matter slide for now.

"I'll bring you another ." He said taking my glass.

"No no I'm good thanks." And then I heard light music playing and people around me were going towards the centre of the ball room.

"Where are they going?" I asked.

"That's the first dance of the evening." He answered. " Ava, would you like to dance with me?" He asked.

My heart skipped a beat. Dance?

"Amadeo I can't dance. I would just embarrass you."

"You won't just follow my lead. Please. You'll enjoy it I promise. "

"Okay." I said hesitating. He smiled as he took my hand nd led us there. God help me. I don't want to step on his toes.

The song surprisingly began in english. Amadeo placed both of my arms on his shoulders and his were on my waist. My heart was beating fast. A sudden jolt of excitement filled my body as we started to sway.

🎶
I thought sooner or later
The lights up above
Will come down in circles and guide me to love
But I don't know what's right for me
I cannot see straight
I've been here too long and I don't want to wait for it
Fly like a cannonball, straight to my soul
Tear me to pieces
And make me feel whole
I'm willing to fight for it and carry this weight
But with every step
I keep questioning what it's true

Fall on me
With open arms
Fall on me
From where you are
Fall on me
With all your light
With all your light
With all your light

He pulled me closer and tightened his hold on my waist. My arms were further up his neck almost touching his hairline at the back of his neck. The touch of his hands burned through the lace onto my skin. I was getting hot. Why is he making me feel this way?

"Relax. Look me in the eye. Don't be so tense. Try to feel the music." Was he aware he was making me feel this way?

I looked at him straight and couldn't help but get lost in his ocean blue eyes.

🎶
Presto una luce ti illuminates
(Soon you will find what your heart wants to know)
Seguila sempre, guidarti saprà
(Don't give up hope for I know you are close)
Tu non arrenderti, attento a non perderti
(And all you have ever dreamed, wished you could ever be)
E il tuo passato avrà senso per te
(Is waiting to find you wherever you go)
Vorrei che credessi in te stesso, ma sì
(Believe in yourself every step that you take)
In ogni passo che muoverai qui
(Know I am smiling with pride every day)
È un viaggio infinito
Sorriderò se
(My love will forever be stronger than stone)
Nel tempo che fugge mi porti con te
(Don't be afraid; you are never alone)

Fall on me
Ascoltami
(With open arms)
Fall on me
Abbracciami
(From where you are)
Fall on me
Finché vorrai (with all your light)

I didn't even notice when the song went from english to italian. I laid my head on his chest with my eyes closed. Just wanted to savour this moment in my memories. A moment i might never have when all of this over.

I close my eyes
And I'm seeing you everywhere
I step outside
It's like I'm breathing you in the air
I can feel you're there

Fall on me
Ascoltami
Fall on me
Abbracciami
Fall on me
With all your light
With all your light
With all your light

The song ended. I lift my face ro look at him to find him gazing down at me. He raised his hand to caress my cheeks. He leaned down and said. "You are so precious mia tesoro. "

His words ran shiver down me. Oh Amadeo. What are you doing to me!

"Now now now. Who do we have here? " a voice sounded that broke our little cloud.

Amadeo's once gentle expression was now replaced by his tightened jaw. His ocean blue eyes turned darker as he saw the man approach us. His grip on my waist grew strong.

Who is this man?

A/N: Hello. Anybody home? Hi my beautiful friends it's your least favourite author. Yup it's me after I don't know a little over 2 months.But seriously guys my A level examinations suck. I was so stressed for my exams and still am that writing wasn't being up to the mark. You know what I'm saying like it was literally a bunch of crap. Anyhow the exams aren't over yet but I somehow squeezed in this update. Hope you enjoy it.

I heard award seasons going on . I had a request for ya all. If you really liked my story please kindly nominate "The Mafia and his nerd " in The Fiction Awards. You just have to mention the story name "The Mafia and his nerd " and my username AisheeSaha  in the in-line comments of the categories General Fiction or Romance. If really loved my story please I request you to go ahead and nominate. Also show my friend Bellapadilla20 some love in the Fiction Awards by nominating her books "Ragged", "Ripped".

Last but not the least thank you for all the support, views, votes and beautiful comments and messages you guys are the best. I apologise again for not being so active at writing and wish me luck for my exams.

Lots of love 😘😘😘😘😘
AisheeSaha ❤❤❤❤❤

P.s : the song is real good. Please do hear it. Fall On Me by Andrea Bocelli, Matteo Bocelli.