"Please call the doctor Daniel. He can't breathe I don't know what to do."

"I am calling right away calm down. "

Alex was struggling in my arms. Still coughing and gasping for air. I pinched his nose up to see it was blocked. He needed it clear to breathe. All the mucus should be out but how can I pull it all out. Then I realised. May it needs to be sucked out. Alex was deteriorating. I have no time.

I placed my mouth on his nose, sucked all the boggers out and spit it all out on the floor. I repeated that for a couple of times.

"Jesus Christ!" Said Daniel.

He was rushing to get wipes. Alex took in a gulp of air and started breathing again. Inhaling. Exhaling. Slowly his breathes got back to normal he stopped crying. I burst out into tears of relief. Daniel was helping me wipe Alex's face. My hands were shaking.

"Sunshine, calm down. Take a deep breath. He is okay. The doctor is on his way."

He is okay. He is with me. Right here. I kept chanting it in my head. Fighting all those dreadfull scenarios in my head where I could've lost him.
______________________________________

3 days later.......

Amadeo's POV

"I'm so sorry Mr. Rossi. She forbid me to tell you."

"You still should've informed me, Monica. I would've come back sooner."

"I know. It's all my fault I wasn't here and she had to face it all by herself. Now she is not even moving from his side. By the grace of God, Alex us okay now but it could've been so much worse."

"It's not your fault Monica. Your family needed you. It's just I wish I knew sooner that Alex is sick."

Daniel informed the minute they went to the hospital. Alex was taken into emergency care to make sure he was alright. He is a tough kid. I knew that. The doctors made sure he would not be clogged anymore. I was more amazed by what Ava did for her child. I am more and more mesmerized everyday of how strong and such wonderful mother she is. I am mad at her for not informing me but she is going through a lot. She is by Alex's side all day and night and has a mental breakdown even for when he sneezes. I have break her out of this frenzy.

"Have you tried to talk to her?"

"Yes. She accepts my help but she is always so timid and scared. She barely eats nowor sleeps now."

Christ! This girl.

"I have to go and talk to her. I have given her enough space."

I stormed off and Monica tailing behind. Everyone is worried about her. She refused everyone's help but not anymore. Alex is better now and she has to realise that.

Alex was sitting on his play pen surrounded with toys. He was doing better and is now playing while Ava is sitting next to him tge entire time. Alex saw me and gave me his biggest grin. I returned a smile. Ava noticed that and looked up at me. I cleared my throat.

"Monica take care of Alex for a while please."

"Yes ofcourse Mr. Rossi."

"What's happening?"

"You see Monica is going to watch over Alex while I talk some sense into you."

"No. I'm leaving him. I'm not going anywhere. "

"Yes, you are Ava. Now get your ass up."

"Sweetie it's just for a while Alex would be okay with me."