Chapter 19: Back to the kindergarten

Start from the beginning

You warped back to the kindergarten with all the equipment like, the tractor, some shovels, soil and some sunflowers.

You, Steven and Amethyst were removing rocks from the area where the small feld would be, while Peridot was working with the tractor. After that you were all making dents with showels. Peridot 'accidentally' threw some dirt on Amethyst. You than put some soil in the dents and placed the sunflowers into the holes. Steven and Amethyst were in charge of watering the flowers. They were doing it wrong. Peridot told them to make it feel more ' natural' by soothing the water upwards, not directly into the flowers center.
Amethyst than added a plastic Flamingo in front of the field.

The next day you were really excited. You weren't using your powers to help them flowers grow, because Peridot said it's an 'experiment', to see if the Kindergarten had some resources to grow life. You were hoping the sunflowers were doing great. Steven came out of the bathroom in a bathing gown. "They don't need any water after yesterday, but according to several tutorials I read, the roots should be starting to take hold" Peridot said. "Oh, yeah?" Amethyst asked. "So that's something we could check for as soon as-" You stopped when you heard steps. "Steven! What're you doing in that bathing gown? Get dressed already" Peridot almost yelled. "Oh, right" Steven said.

You were now riding in the 'train'. You sat on the ground next to Steven. "Do you think they'd grew much over night?" Steven asked. "Yeah, I bet the place looks even better!" Amethyst said. "We should plant even more stuff" Steven said. "What do you think we should do next?" You asked. "What about Hindrances" Amethyst said. "Which one's that?" Steven asked. "I don't know, but it sounds good right?" Amethyst said. "What do you think Peridot? (G/t)? " Steven asked. "Hey, thanks for doing this with us" You said. "What? Come on" Amethyst said. "It was fun" Steven said. "I'm just glad I was able to fix something" Peridot said. "Yeah, the kindergarten looks better than ever!" Amethyst said.

All the Sunflowers died. Peridot took one into her hands. It crumbeled and flew off into the wind. "Well, I don't know why I'm surprised. I should have known not to have hope" Peridot said angered. "Peridot, it's okay, we can just try again" You said. "It's not going to work! It's never going to work okay!" Peridot yelled. "Hey, don't be a jerk, we're just trying to clear you up!" Amethyst yelled. "And good job with that! I feel just great now, that I know that nothing is ever going to get better! Everything is just ruined forever! We can't get any of it back! Not our home! Not Lapis! And not this crummy Planet ether! We might as well just throw it all in the garbage! And toos our selves in after! Because we'll all just hopeless trash!" Peridot yelled In anger. "Peridot, Mabye these sunflowers didn't work, but we know something can grow here" Steven said and pointed at the blue flower we found yesterday. "This clod is just like us, too dumb to get with the program!" (A/n-I don't understand what she said) Peridot stepped on the flower. Steven, you and Amethyst flinched. The ground shook. A corrupted gem jumped out of the ground. It roared. "Oh, of course!" Peridot said. The corruption ate her. "Peridot!" You yelled. The corruption jumped into the hole it made. It appeared that it dug under us and rose up behind us. Amethyst summoned her whip. The whip tied around its leg. It jumped back into the hole pulling Amethyst with it. You and Steven jumped after it. Amethyst smacked it with her whip. "Wanna get this together?" Amethyst asked Steven. "Let's do it" Steven answered. They grabbed each other by their hands and fused. You stared at them in awe. They threw the corruption out of the hole. You jumped out of the hole after the fusion did. The fusion summons her Jojo and wrapped them around the corruption. She jumped on top of the corruption and pulled on the strings. The corruption posted. Peridot was laying on the ground. The fusion told you her name was Smoky Quartz, as she sended a bubble away. "Peridot, are you okay?" You asked. "I need to go to the bathroom" Peridot said.

You were ridding the 'train' back to Stevens home. "Man, you were right, the kindergarten really is dead forever" Amethyst said. "I was a fool to think we could reinstate life there" Peridot said. Steven sighnted and said "tell me about it". " Alright, I will. I was pretty much using this as a distraction from, loosing Lapis, loosing the barn and just a general sense of complete hopeless I tendedro live on day to day basis. But it really just confirmed for me that, one you mess something up its ruined for good and nothing will ever be able to grow again" Peridot said. "Yeah, we got the subtext" Amethyst said. You looked out of the 'train' on to the field. "Oh, wow " You said out loud. "What about all this?" Steven said. "Now that's some plants" Amethyst said. "Huh, I guess the countryside out here is pretty beautiful, but who cares, I wanted to have this for the kindergarten" Peridot said. "Even if there's nothing we can do for that one pach of land, there's still a whole earth blooming all around us" Steven said. "Yeah, why don't we try Gardnering in literally any other place. It'll be easier than planting stuff in the kindergarten. That dirt doesn't care how green your thumb is" Amethyst said. "Green thumb, cuz you're green" Steven laughed. "I know that!" Peridot yelled. "So, Are ya guys in?" Amethyst asked."sure" You said. "Peridot?" You asked her. "Do it, do it, do it, say yes!" Steven said. "Fine, I've got litterly nothing else to do" Peridot said. "Yay" You all said, except for Peridot. You all hugged each other as you watched the field of sunflowers go by.

END OF CHAPTER