XXXVIII | Only Words Bleed

After spending such a long time outside, Isabelle was getting hungry. She hurriedly defrosted some dumplings before throwing them in the pot and chopsticks into the basin.

After taking a light shower, she laid back down on her bed. She scrolled through her Facebook, and only at 1 am did she off the lights.Isabelle shut her eyes and prepared to sleep, but soon, she started to feel slightly uncomfortable. She continued to lie for a short while more before ripping the blankets off abruptly, rushing to the bathroom. She removed her clothes, realizing that there was a red spot on her panties.

Her period was here... As she walked over to get some sanitary pads, she remembered that she had just moved into James's mansion and hadn't had time to prepare her daily necessities.

But she couldn't just sleep like that... Grabbing her wallet, she walked downstairs.

~*~

Why was she out so late into the night?

Alexander frowned. Without even offing the car engine, he pushed open the door and shouted her name as he ran towards James's mansion, "Isabelle."

Even though he wasn't loud, the night was silent enough, and Isabelle froze slightly before turning to look at him.

He was dressed in a suit that complimented his tall physique. The warm glow from the street lamp spilled across his face, blurring his handsome features.

He casually walked forward, stopping about a meter from her. He slightly lowered his head, noticing that she wore slippers. "Why are you out so late?"

Isabelle was jolted back to her senses. She lifted her head slightly to look at him. "I need to buy stuff."

It was currently 1 am, and the only twenty-four hour convenience store was about five hundred meters away from York Garden's entrance. It would take about twenty minutes for her to go and come back.

Isabelle had rushed out in a hurry, she was still dressed in her pajamas with just a jacket over.

Even though the security was good, it still wasn't safe to go out so late at night... Besides, what could she need so urgently?

Alexander frowned before saying faintly, "It's late now, get it tomorrow."

"I need it urgently." She hesitated before adding, "It isn't far, I'll be back shortly."

Alexander didn't try to stop her, he told her to wait before turning back.

He opened his car door and offed the engine before grabbing his wallet from the passenger seat. He hurriedly walked back to where Isabelle was waiting. "Lets go."

Isabelle snapped out of her daze, realizing instantly that he was going to come along with her. Instinctively, she said, "It's okay..."

Without even waiting for her to finish her sentence, he started to walk forward.

Isabelle stood still for a short while before following after Alexander.

Just like that, he walked in front while she trailed after, maintaining a short distance between them.

They remained silent the entire journey, neither attempting to speak to the other.

When they reached the convenience store, Alexander stopped at the entrance, waiting for her to go in alone. Through the glass windows, he saw her throwing a few bags of sanitary pads in her basket.

So her monthly period was here, no wonder she said it was urgent...

When she was at the cashier, Alexander pushed open the door and reached for his wallet. When the cashier had finished scanning the goods, he passed a hundred dollar bill over.