XLVII | Photograph

Back in city, Isabelle was sent back to the Davis house. Even though her fever was gone, her ordeal was too frightening, so her aunt and uncle insisted she stay with them for at least two days.

Isabelle wasn't able to resist, so she agreed. When the housekeeper saw her, she was unusually happy and prepared a large variety of food for every meal, preparing all the dishes that she liked. Even if her aunt and uncle were busy, they would be back for every meal, and every time, they would nag at her to leave the entertainment industry.

Even though their constant nagging may seem annoying, it warmed Isabelle's heart. The next day, Camila came over with her phone, so whenever she felt bored, she would text Alexander.

On the third day, her aunt and uncle finally allowed her to return to York garden. Since they had no clue about her fake marriage, before they separated, she and James were still a couple in their eyes, so on the day she left, James had personally come to get her.

Seated on the passenger seat, Isabelle took out her phone to text Alexander out of habit: [What are you doing?]

Alexander seemed to be busy as he only replied after five minutes, [Meeting.]

Isabelle replied with a [Oh] before looking out the window, realizing that they were near Global Entertainment. Turning to James, she said, "James, you can stop at the turn in front, I need to drop by the office."

James nodded. "Do you need me to wait for you?"

"It's okay, Camila is in the office, so she can bring me over tonight."

"Okay," James replied, turning into the road ahead.

After the turn, they reached Global Entertainment in less than five minutes. Before leaving the car, Isabelle seemed to have recalled something important, and she turned and looked at James. "James, do you still remember about ending the marriage?"

"I remember." James leaned back and laughed lightly while teasing, "Izzy, ever since we were young, when have I disappointed you? Your hurry seems like you really hate me."

Isabelle laughed. "I was just reminding you!" Waving towards James, she said, "I'll leave now, bye James."

"Goodbye," James replied. After seeing her enter Global Entertainment, he turned to leave.

When Isabelle went up, Alexander was still in a meeting. Through the clear glass, she could see him sitting elegantly, his features handsome, his expression cold.

She couldn't help taking her phone out to snap a photo, sending it to Alexander. Through the glass, she saw him sweep a glance at his phone. His fingers swiped across the screen, and he frowned slightly, then looked out the window. His gaze fell on her.

Before Isabelle could smile at Alexander, he diverted his gaze away. With a layer of glass between them, Isabelle couldn't hear him, she could only see his lips moving slightly before he stood up. Under the scrutiny of the entire room, he pushed open the door, heading towards her.

Isabelle never expected him to leave in the midst of a meeting because of her randomly sent photo. When he stood in front of her, she snapped out of her daze, bolting up from the sofa to stare at the board directors behind him, and her face flushed instantly. In a whiny tone that didn't have a hint of reproach, she blamed him, "How can you come out?"

Alexander wore a white shirt, and when the ceiling light fell on him, he appeared dazzling. He lowered his head to gaze at her. Without bothering to reply to her question, he asked in his same emotionless voice with a hint of undetectable indulgence, "How's your body? Why did you come to the office?"