X | Little Miss

Isabelle didn't call ahead when she went to visit the Davis manor, but luckily for her, her uncle and aunt were in.

Seeing Isabelle back, they were unusually delighted. Since her parents had passed away when she was ten years old, they had taken her in. Over ten years had passed since that time. Their love for one another long surpassed just aunt and niece, uncle and niece. Isabelle was just like their own daughter.

The Davis family servants were also happy to see Isabelle. They brought over a lot of delicious snacks to the table, whilst calling her "Little Miss".

At first, the Davis' did want for Sophia to marry James, as biological parents understandably favor their own biological daughter. However, as the Williams family had their eyes set on Isabelle, they didn't have much of an opinion.

After Isabelle "married" James, she moved out of the Davis family manor. Also, because of filming, she rarely had time to come back, and so they bombarded her with all sorts of questions, afraid that life on her own was difficult.

Mrs Williams were also worried for Isabelle like this, but Isabelle wasn't moved by her concerns. Her responses were courteous and respectful, but now, having faced her aunt and uncle's concern for her, she was very moved and filled with warmth.

Although she lost her family at the age of ten, the heavens hadn't treated her so bad, giving her another family.

Isabelle wanted to stay at Davis manor for a while before heading back to the set, but her uncle and aunt were too nice. Under such great hospitality, how could she suggest she leave now? In the end, she stayed there all afternoon, playing chess with aunt. It wasn't until the evening that she said she had to leave.

At three in the afternoon, Mrs Williams called to specifically ask Isabelle's aunt to let her know when Isabelle was about to leave. So when Isabelle said she was going to go, her aunt gave Mrs Williams a call back.

Five minutes later, the Williams family's chauffeur appeared at the Davis family's door. Mrs Williams pushed open the passenger car door and courteously greeted the Davis', before turning around to say to Isabelle, "I've asked the chauffeur to stay behind for you."

Isabelle said with a smile, "Thank you".

Mrs Williams opened the trunk and pointed at the two boxes of swallow's nest. "They're ready made to eat. This afternoon, I especially asked Aunt Mae to prepare and choose top quality swallow's nest for you. You must have endured quite a lot on set. You've gotten so skinny, and your appetite hasn't been good these days, so you mustn't let yourself suffer. Take these with you to revitalize yourself."

Isabelle thanked her again. She politely chatted for a while, and then got in the car.

~*~

Mrs Williams didn't actually get in the car but stayed at Davis mansion.

When the family chauffeur left the neighborhood, it was already almost seven o'clock. On route to south of the city, it was surprisingly congested today. The route that would usually only take an hour, took whole two hours.

When they reached the hotel of the set, it was already ten in the evening.

That night, filming at a distant location hadn't yet finished, so the lower floor of the hotel was particularly quiet.

The chauffeur steadily stopped the car, got out first, and then opened the car door for Isabelle. After she got out of the car, he walked around to the trunk and carried the two boxes of swallow's nest that Mrs Williams has especially prepared for her. The chauffeur politely said, "Miss Davis, since you live in that house over there, let me carry it for you."