Chapter 12: A Friend Date

Start from the beginning

"Then let's go" Kyosuke exclaimed.

AFTER A WHILE

"This should be the place" Kyosuke said as he stopped in front of a shop called "Flying Memories" with tiny paper planes around the billboard.

   As we stepped inside the smell of freshly made coffee and the smell of new books filled our lungs, it wasn't unpleasant instead it gave a nostalgic atmosphere and some of the bookshelves looked antique and old like the ones you see in the movies, it's like you entered a whole new dimension.

"Where do you wanna sit?" Kyosuke asked, eyeing an empty table right beside a window with hanging fairy lights above it.

"There should be fine" I said pointing at the table he was eyeing at.

"I'll go order our foods, are you going to be alright alone?" Kyosuke asked worriedly "You're such a worry wart, I'll be fine" I thought to myself.

"Don't worry I'm not a kid anymore" I replied with a smirk.

"If you say so..." Kyosuke said with a disappointed tone and walked to the cashier "Was he expecting another answer?" I thought to myself.

   I head on over to the empty seat but another girl was headed to the seat too, I looked at who it is and to my surprise it was one of my classmates.

"Oh is this your seat?" She asked.

"O-oh you c-can take it i-if you want" I said trying not to be nervous.

"Oh you're the new girl at class 2-A right? I'm one of your classmates Crystal but everyone calls me Crista" She said joyfully.

   She then grabbed my arm and put it around hers and dragged me to the seat "Let's just share this seat together" She said happily while smiling. "Oh God please help me" was the only thought in my head at that time.

   I saw Kyosuke walking to our seat and took a pause, "Help me" I mouthed to him and showed a weak smile, He laughed for a while before he continued to walk back to our seat "Hey, the name's Kyosuke and I think that's my friend you have there" Kyosuke said as he walked to our seat.

"Oh you're the new guy everyone's talking about, wow you do look handsome in person" Crystal continued to talk but my last two brain cells couldn't process it but Kyosuke seems to understand her just fine.

"Stop bothering them Crista" A guy said in an irritated tone across our seat.

"They've got plans for themselves so don't bother them" The guy with a mask continued to scold Crista.

"But Ryu, they seem like good people and I want to be their friend" Crista said to the guy.

   "Good people...?" I thought to myself, "Nobody thought I was a good person before, and she wanted to be my friend too"

"Just leave them alone" Ryu said as he grabbed Crista's arm.

"Geez, you don't have to be so clingy" Crista jokingly replied.

"Well I guess we got to go now, see you at school" Crista said as she waved her hands while Ryu continued to pull her to the door.

"What a weird girl" Kyosuke said with a smile.

   "Wait... Is she the girl who stole Kyosuke's heart?!" I let out a silent gasp. There it is again, that weird feeling in my stomach that kept growing whenever I think about it.

"Hey Melissa, are you alright?" Kyosuke asked in a worried tone.

"Y-yeah I'm fine" I replied trying to sound convincing.

   A waiter then arrived at our table and put a delicious looking cake and two milkshake at our table I was drooling at the sight and short after she gave us a warm smile, I didn't notice her smile and kept drooling at the delicious looking food, she gave a small giggle when I turned to her dumbfounded and she hurriedly left our table.

   I turned to look at Kyosuke and to my surprise he was giggling as well "Is there something on my face?" I asked.

"No, there's nothing on your face" Kyosuke replied.

"Are you sure?" I said in a quite embarrassed tone.

"Yeah, you just looked so cute when you're hungry and drooling at the food" Kyosuke said with a warm smile.

   I immediately wiped my mouth and quickly covered my face as I felt it turn bright red, "That's the second time he called me cute" I thought.

Kyosuke started to laugh, he looked so cute when he's having fun. I didn't know why but I started laughing too, I didn't care if someone's judging us, I didn't care if someone were whispering bad things about us, I didn't care at all when I'm with Kyosuke.
"I loved him for who he is"