Chapter 22: Standard

Hah... Who would have thought that this world is based on a novel? How cliche is this world?

Should I count the cliche? I definitely should. Cliches: Reincarnation/transmigration, fantasy world, protagonist/villains, different hair colors, overpowered people, and lastly, problems arising nearby reincarnated/transmigrated people.

What's next? Reverse harem or harem? Please, dear author/god if you even exist, I'm sick of it! This is not an anime, manga, or any novel!

My life is full of problems can't you see? I have to find a knight because of my father's stupid orders! If only I have the internet, then maybe my life would be easier. But this is not a modern world, it is not.

I'm tired. I'm just a blind child who is currently experiencing traumatic problems...

First, let's get rid of taking a knight first. As I thought, it is impossible for the current me to take a knight. All good knights are taken by others. And the ones I am considering are still weak regardless of their potential.

"Father, please accept my decision," I said to my father as I bow down to please him.

I have explained to him my plans. He should know how dangerous is it now to accept a knight. He should, by now, have received information regarding Liberta. He is a duke, after all.

"Tell me, who are the people who you currently considering right now?"

"William Kyle Archos, Sentia Lorn Astav, and Christian Art Loreno" I answered. Three of them have great talents and backgrounds.

"Oh, why not pick one of them?" my father asked.

"Unfortunately, with their state, they have little experiences in battle as well as their skills haven't fully honed yet. Recruiting them now would be utterly dangerous and would slow their progress" I explained. If I recruited them now, their talents and skills would only bloom late.

This is the reason why they are rejecting the offers. It hinders their growth.

"Hm... What about Ronald Arsenti? He should have both talent and experiences" my father suggested.

True, I want to recruit him but...

"Though yes he did have talent, he did not meet my standards," I said with a harmless smile. 

The truth is, he has no connections or standing in the nobility. Having connections is needed due to Liberta. As if I would tell that, it would only anger father. Actually there are five more that I am considering but because of this stupid excuse of not meeting my standard, they are currently out.

Therefore, I could only put a brave act that I have high standards due to my stupid brother.

"Ha... Hahahaha!" My father laughed loudly as I maintain my smile. He continued, "Is this due to your brother?"

"What are you talking about father? They just didn't meet my standards" I continue to hold my smile, making sure he eats it.

"I see... so these three are within your standards. My dear daughter, I am afraid, you wouldn't be able to recruit a knight in a lifetime"

"Hahaha, father... I am daughter of the duke, do you think I would allow anybody to reject me?" I said as my smile grew wider.

Petite, sickly, fragile, cursed and lastly, a woman. These are the words that I am often described by society. But unfortunately, the reality is the opposite.

I could protect myself. But unfortunately, knowing the strength of Liberta, and the incident yesterday, I knew I need one. 

But with the current situation, it is not good. With the appearance of Liberta in the country, the king is in watch of who is the person who the power of both creation and destruction. Doing so will only harm Corrine.

Moreover, those three talented people are still inexperienced. Only when they gain enough experience and honed their talent will I recruit them.

Rejected? That's not in my dictionary. I'll just have to change their opinions on me. The knight that I choose will be mine no matter what.

***

Sorry, I got a cold last Sunday. For tomorrow, I might not be able to update since I have to go to the hospital since I have a cough right now. I will try my best to update if I can.

Hope you like this chapter. Leave a comment and a vote ^_^