Chapter 21: Cliché among Clichés

Corrine's POV

How should I start this? This is quite weird especially telling it to someone else even if they are like me.

"This is hard to explain" I awkwardly said.

"Then explain it more thoroughly" she frankly said.

'I wish I could', I thought but I didn't say, knowing how rude it is. The one in front of me is the daughter of a duke. Moreover, saying such a thing would only drag the conversation longer.

I sighed, "Then I'll be straight to the point. This world is a novel that is based on a fictional game"

"Huh?" Alex looks at me with a surprised face.

I get it, I definitely get what you are feeling. Such things happen only in novels, manga, or animes! 

To think we are currently in a world of fantasy after we died as well as we retained our memories, this is a cliche among cliche! 

Of course, as she is dumbfounded on what I just said, I repeated my words once more for her to understand how severe is the situation is.

Reincarnating or transmigrating in a novel or others meant trouble. Why? Because they are stories! A story without trouble will definitely bore the readers!

Look at me! What kind of bad luck do I have to be the villainess of the novel and the heroine of the game?

Being in another world is a lot of trouble than you think! This is why as much as I like reading such things doesn't mean I would love to reincarnate in it!

"..." Alex looks at me with a blank expression. It was obvious that she was shocked by the information.

"You're lying, right?" she said. 

"I am not," I said as I tried to keep my smile on my face.

Her expression then relaxed as she sighs. I get it, I totally get it. You have thought I must have been joking or blabbering some nonsense.

"Then our situation is the cliché among clichés," she said though I can see you are trying to deny reality. 

Ugghh... Please stop denying reality and face it. But I also want to deny it though...

"I couldn't agree with you more" I can only say these words.

Then the silence surfaced the atmosphere.

Uggghhh!!!! What should I do?!!! I am bad with silence! My conversation was never this bad during my previous life!!! I'm just a bubbly teenager!!!

Despite the thoughts in my mind, I managed to keep calm outside. I said, "By the way, you died in the story"

At first, she was quite. She then sighs and resigned to her fate, aka the situation, "So I'm a cannon fodder, a mob, who is about to die"

Hahaha... and I am the villainess who is fated to have a fate worse than death.

"Yep, I think that's explained why you do not look good despite your parents and brother's appearance," I said as I mocked her. 

"How rude, do you want me to smack you in your face?" she said as she went back being competitive.

"Hahaha..." I laughed and grin, "This world... is quite scary..."

I then continued, "After knowing that I died in my previous world and lived once more in this world, the thought of dying and living, again and again, consumes me"

An endless cycle. It was way worse than living as an immortal in a world. There will be no place like home as you will also lose yourself throughout time.

If my life would be like this forever then I rather sleep for eternity. For immortality is a fate worse than death.

***

Hahaha! Finally! Hell month is finished! It is finished I say!!! Yippee! Damn, writing Corrine's thought is so fun! She's much more expressive than Alex.

Hope you like it! Please leave a comment and vote!