Chapter 11: A Disadvantageous Fight

Sorry guys for unable to update yesterday. I had to study for the entrance exam which is today. Also, I have a lot of things to do today. So I can only update only one chapter today. I'm really sorry. I have no sem-break.

For those who are wondering about the mark looks like on Alex's face, the mark looks like the image above. You can also imagine this kid as Alex.

***

Four... No, there are six of them left. Looks like they are now wary of me. At first, they take me as a child, who is to kill. But after killing their two people, they have now known that I cannot be underestimated.

Can't help it. They all know me as a sickly and blind child who is currently has an unknown curse with her. Yep, that is how worse my reputation is.

"L-Liberta.. ? It's no doubt! They are Liberta! Alex, we should flee!" she said in a panic voice.

I kinda get it of why she is panicking now. Liberta can rival our empire's greatest fighters. They are known to kill any witnesses that are related to them.

What a headache. Of all things, it has to be Liberta. As much as a cheat I am, I am still a kid who is currently blind and cursed. I am not prepared for it.

Sheesh... I can only go forward and fight them or else we die.

Yes, there are no options but to go forward. Not like I care anyway. 

"Flee?" I look at her direction with a confused face. "Are you dumb? Right now, they are wary of us. It is better to fight than to run"

Right now, you, Corrine is nothing but a piece of baggage to me. A useless kid who will drag me down. But unfortunately, I cannot afford her to die.

"You don't want to run away? Then buy me some time" she said as she began to cast magic.

"Eh?" I look at her with confusion. Don't tell me, she wanted to protect me? So she is not a piece of baggage? Good.

This little girl..? Wait, don't tell me... I see...

A gun appeared at my hand and fired at the nearest person. At the same time, another gun materialized at the back of the farthest person. 

BANG!

Both were shot at the same time, one is dead, one was able to dodge it.

I wanted both of them to die but at least another person is dead, leaving us fewer people to deal with. Of course, the other people are not dilly-dallying and began to attack with magic.

What did I do? I charged forward.

Doesn't matter if I got injured or not, I'll just heal them. My only objective is to finish this as fast as possible. With my frail body, I could only last the battlefield for a few minutes due to exhaustion. Also, with the noisy sounds, my brother would definitely come here in minutes.

One of the spells hit me. It hurts. It really hurts. The injury pains me so much that I wanted to stop charging at them.

But if I did, Corrine who is behind me will be interrupted. I can only do what it takes to attract all of them to me. Moreover, if I did leave, it will only injure my pride as a soldier.

This pain is nothing like the battlefield, I told myself. But unfortunately, my body is weak and frail. I healed myself and fired my gun at the person closest to me. He dodged and runs toward Corrine. He then cast magic and fires it towards to Corrine.

But unfortunately, it failed. And at the same time, the enemies' spells started to disappear.

I then pointed my gun at him and fired. I'm not wasting this opportunity given to me. The gun disappears again as I jump backward. The knife in my sleeves was shot to the person's shoulder closest to me. I then kick the other person's back, bringing him farther away from me.

Ugghh... I cannot hold any longer...

My breathing becomes unstable as  I try to catch my breath. Corrine, can you please switch with me? My beautiful dress has now holes in it due to injuries.

Damn, I hate this limit of mine.

Four left... Only four left...

Ba-dump, ba-dump, ba-dump

What is this? For some reason, I don't want to stop. I want to move forward and keep charging. My blood boils that I cannot help but look at them crazily.

Kill... kill them all... Just kill and kill and kill and kill... until... until... 

"Thanks, Alex! You can stay back now!" Corrine said as she woke me up from my thoughts. I don't even know what I thinking.

It just felt like... I don't know... excited..?

Two guns appeared at both of my hands as I jump back and tried to get rid of my pursuers. 

Suddenly, the ground began to shake.