Chapter 16: Trouble Magnet

"Apparently, we meet again, Alex"

Ah, Corrine... Why are you here unprotected? Do you know how much blood I lost for you?

"Yes, we met again..." I said as I proceed to ignore her.

Even if she is a reincarnated person, I don't want to be involved with a dangerous person like her. As much as I enjoyed adventure and thrill, I still want to live an enjoying life.

Mother and Father gave me permission to go outside on a condition that I have to bring three servants with me. 

Can't they just act as my protector? Unfortunately, they can't. They belong to Xerxes Household and not mine. They abide by father's will and not mine.

As I gather information, I also enjoyed the atmosphere. It's my first time going outside. I just couldn't miss the chance of enjoying the outside once more.

But unfortunately, my enjoyment has to stop when Corrine saw me.

"How about we stop at a cafe?" I said as I maintain my expression. 

"Sure!" Corrine agreed. 

***

"Isn't outside dangerous to you?" I asked. After that incident, her parents should be wary of Liberta roaming outside. Heck, her parents might even be in danger. 

"Don't worry, they won't do such dumb action. Doing such a thing would only make them put in a negative light" she calmly answered my question. 

Ah. I see... Right now, no one knew that Corrine wielded both creation and destruction with the exception of me, her parents, and Liberta. The Tower of Magic, the place where great mages gather, nor the Royalties knew about her.

If Liberta tried to harm her family, she could only turn to their enemies and fight against them. Doing such a thing could only lose them the key they are searching for years.

Then why was I harmed? Because they haven't acknowledged me as Corrine's friend, so they saw me as a non-threat witness. But now, it is different. The Liberta might have already included me as one of the untouchables.

"I see..." I sighed as I sip my tea. 

For some reason, I felt like I'm in a novel or something. Reincarnated or transmigrated people have always met huge troubles in their life.

Yet this is not a story. This is my reality.

"How about you? Aren't your parents overprotective over you?" she curiously asked. After that incident, she heard that I wasn't able to go outside for the meantime as I was stuck inside the house.

Anyone would know how overprotective is my parents are.

"After that incident, my father forced me to find a knight for myself. I am here collecting information on whom should I consider" I said in a nonchalant manner.

Though they are overprotective, they are an airhead. Should I count on how many times I almost died by my brother's hands?

"Your father is just right. With your personality, you definitely need one" Corrine said as she agrees with my father's decision.

Huh? What the heck are you talking about? I stupidly look at her with a confused look at my face. I could protect myself.

"You almost died," she said.

"So?" I answered. 

What does have to do with their decision? I could get it if she is talking about my weak front to my parents. But she knew my real self. I just couldn't get it.

"It's no use. The idiocy must have run in your blood" she said in a defeating manner, giving up on explaining. 

Me? An idiot? I am not! Don't compare me with my stupid brother or my airhead parents!

"Then I hope the blood of being a trouble magnet doesn't run through your veins" I jokingly said, refusing to give up on a fight.

"Well, how to say. There is always trouble around me..." she meekly said.

"What?!" I said with a disbelief look in my face. 

BOOM!

Suddenly, a large sound can be heard across the street. A loud scream was followed after it. It is, without a doubt, a trouble.

"See, I told you," she mischievously said.

I want to smack this girl.