Chapter 5: Dress Up

Where am I? I'm in my mother's room where I am being dressed up like a doll. This is a torture.

I am quite a boyish person so I hate dressing up. I mean, why should women dress up for hours just for one day? Moreover, the place I'll be going to is a battlefield! A battlefield!

With my appearance, everybody is going to isolate me! Not like I care... But the thing is dressing up is going to be useless! Useless!!!!

My body is stiff with all the dresses and hairstyles that my mother is trying to me. There, I imagine myself once more.

Mother described my outfit. She said that the dress has a beautiful color of blue, same as the sky itself, and at the same time, my hair is tied up in a messy bun with ornaments and accessories clipped there.

In my hair, they said there are lots and lots of gold. I really want to hide and keep it for myself.

I could imagine myself very beautiful even with my face. But remembering the mark I last saw from three years ago, destroys the beautiful and cute child I am.

Half of my face was covered in ugly marks that destroy the cuteness of this body. It was thanks to this that mother keeps changing my dresses just to improve my appearance.

Again and again, she is trying to make sure I am beautiful and be confident of it even if I can't see.

"Mom, I think we should stop. I am tired" I said as I yawn. Dressing up is very boring.

"No. I bought hundreds of dress just to make sure you will end up being pretty in the party" my mother said.

She is too eager to dress me up. Maybe it's her dream to dress her daughter up but because her daughter is a sickly child, she couldn't until she is seven. But before I could turn into seven, I have this disease that prevents me from attending parties once more.

"Alex, don't worry. You will end up being the most beautiful child there" Mother said as she hugs me in her arms.

Mother, it's useless. People are going to isolate me no matter what.

This is the nobility we are talking about. They emphasize power, glory, bloodline, and money more than anything in this world. There might be some few exceptions, but most of the nobilities are like this.

People are such hateful creatures. I don't know when I started thinking that but humans are selfish creatures. They always think about themselves and isolate what they think it is hateful. They never even try to solve the problem they even created and just left for others to solve it.

Humans are very foolish creatures, don't you think so too? To get what they want, they will do everything just to take it and make it theirs. They will even forget that they once stole it and paid it with blood and death of others.

I, myself, am one of those hateful creatures. What we seek is freedom and we will gladly pay the price. Yet amidst the peace and tranquility that I am currently experiencing, deep within my heart, I have always long for chaos and war.

Even until now, aside from protecting my homeland, I don't know what's the meaning of my life here.