Chapter 8: How to get out of a PDA

"Lucy, brother. Both of you, please stop doing PDA and notice me" I finally opened my mouth after the whole PDA scene. As much as I enjoyed hearing my brother flustered, I don't like being the third wheel.

Don't misunderstand me as a girl who is bitter on not having a love life. I don't need one as I am an independent person. But the fact that I am dragged here and is forced to see a PDA is quite irritating. 

As much as it feels so fluffy and sweet to me, it is quite sickening for people who become the third wheel like me. It's like there's only two of them in this world as they ignore my existence.

To those readers who have a boyfriend or girlfriend, please know that PDA is quite sickening for people like me. Even if that person is single or not, it is quite sickening to become your third wheel. Please display your affections privately as a form of respect for other people.

"PDA? What's that?" my brother asked me. He is quite relieved that the topic has finally changed. It is quite a torture for both him and me.

I forgot that this is not a modern word but a medieval. Out of irritation, I slip my tongue and said a modern word. People here still don't know the words in my era. Luckily, what I mentioned is an acronym.

"PDA stands for public display of affection" I straightforwardly said. 

"Oh, a new word. I am quite intrigued by your imagination, Alex" Lucy said as she happily digests my words.

"Thanks, Lucy," I said. I am quite shocked that she happily accepted my sarcastic remarks. Looks like she is quite okay with it.

Meanwhile, my brother is quite after I explained. Did his brain crash? 

"W-what are y-you saying, Alex? M-me and Lucy? Displaying affection? What are you talking about?" my brother flusteredly said as I confirmed that his brain did really crushed.

My gosh, brother. My image of you is really breaking apart. What are you? A blushing maiden?

Ugghhh... Please stop this nonsense. I don't want to hear any more PDA! This is torture!

"Brother, please stop with that attitude of yours. It's irritating" I told him without leaving a second thought on how hurt will he be on hearing my words.

If he continues to be like that, I will be the one who will be tortured by this couple in front of me.

"Hehehe" Lucy chuckled, "I'm sorry for making you hear this, Alex. Your brother, Lucas, is just so cute to tease"

Well, what you said is true.

"Hey!" my brother exclaimed.

"I understand your words but it is really sickening on being ignored and forced to hear such thing" I straightforwardly said. I know my words are rude but their actions earlier are far ruder than mine.

"You're quite matured at your age, Alex. Unlike your brother who is easily flustered like a child" Lucy said as she complimented me. As much as I appreciate it, I could feel her gaze towards me.

"Hey!" my brother said once more. It looks like he is getting hurt by our words.

Lucy ignored my brother and continue her words, "You are more like a big sister than a little sister"

Certainly, I am older than any of you... I am not a child before I become Alex.

I can still sense her gaze as she tries to inspect my expressions.

This girl... is she trying to read me? If so don't, or I will hate you so much. Don't even try to tease me because that just meant angering me.

"Are you two ignoring!!? And Alex! I thought you are my ally!" Finally, my brother snapped from the way things are. Certainly, I never ignored him so much like today.

Unfortunately, you are facing me, brother. I calmly said, "With the way you are acting right now, I'm hating you. Whoever you are, please bring back my idiotic yet musclehead brother"

With the way things go, I'm getting the hang of handle my brother. I stand up from my seat. It's about time for me to get out of this nonsense. 

"Alex, what are you doing?" my brother said.

"I should go and don't disturb you two" I answered as I take my crane with me. I don't want to be stuck here. Lucy sees me as a child. I don't want to act more matured in front of her.

"Alex! You are not allowed to roam alone!" unfortunately, my brother doesn't allow me because of the fact that I'm blind.

Unfortunately for him, I chose to stand up right now because of someone.

"Lady Corrine," Lucy said as she mentions someone else name.

"Young Master Lucas, Lady Alexandra, Lady Lucinda. I am Corrine Anne of Lisbelt, it is good to see you" a girl appears and greeted us. From the looks of it, she was just passing by.

"Brother, you don't have to worry as I will go with her," I happily said.

Unfortunately, I have sensed your presence and decided to use you to get out of this situation.

Thank goodness. I can finally get away from this PDA couple.

***

This is quite a long chapter, isn't it? I'm sorry for the long wait. I have multiple schoolwork in this month as it is a hell month for me. I hope you like the chapter! Please leave a vote and a comment below! ^_^