Chapter 14: Home

I look at her with a shock expression on my face. I couldn't just believe what she just said. It was too abrupt. To think Corrine is a reincarnated person? The same as me?

"Looking at your expression, you really are the same as me..." she muttered, "I'm glad..."

There was a hint of relief in her voice.

I could understand her. As a person who has been here for three years, I also felt lonely and homesick as this place was completely different from my home. Even until now, I felt that this place was never like my home.

I could not tell anyone about this, I could only hide the sadness and fear in my heart.

"You know, I was always afraid ever since I learned I am in a different world already..." she softly said. It must be quite hard for her to endure it for almost a decade.

"This is not my home, I don't belong here..." I said, voicing out her thoughts.

She and I are the same. I could tell we are both missing our home so dearly.

I sometimes asked questions to myself. Why is it me? Why do I have to live once more? Why thrown me into an unfamiliar place?

In the end, I never found an answer.

She smiled and said, "Yes. I always felt that. Everything felt so unreal that I almost treated this as a dream and not a reality"

"Especially when I found out my powers... I knew I will be targeted by the Liberta"

"I... I want to go home... Even when I have a new family and friends, I still want to go home. Because that place is always my home. No matter what, my heart can only be settled at peace there..."

"..."

A home?  I wondered if I have ever had that... A place I could call home... 

The only thing I knew is that the country I protected is my home and none other than that. I would be willing to do anything just to go back and live in that country once more.

I stood up and walk closer to her. In the end, she is still just a child. I could tell. I don't know my age, but I could guess I am an adult.

I hold her in my arms like a mother does to her child. "In the end, we could only accept our fate and move on..."

She can only accept her fate and move on. In this world, we should not dwell on the past.

That's right... we should not dwell in the past...

"I know... I know... I just... I couldn't accept it..." she shouted as she faced me.

The fact we have to live here, the fact that we could no longer with our loved ones, the fact that she is dead... It must have hurt her deeply.

Even if you sometimes hated your family, deep inside, you have always loved them. 

There, she cried in my arms. She could only cry. Against this unreasonable fate, this unreasonable world, she can only let her feelings out and cry.

The marks on my face began to hurt once more. The pain I once experience three years ago has begun to resurface once more.

***

Sorry guys for the late update. I got lots and lots of things to do. I couldn't even recheck my chapters for this week. Hope you enjoy the story! Please leave a vote and a comment!