Chapter 13: Another One

We managed to escape stealthily after causing huge noise. Apparently, I forgot to put a silencer on my guns since I focus too much on defeating them.  

Currently, Corrine is restoring my dress back before the fight happened. Of course, before we left that place, she also destroyed all evidence related to us. That includes the corpses as well.

Apparently, before I could bombard her with tons of questions, she told me that she would explain it later. Our top priority is to escape this place.

After restoring my dress back to its original form, Corrine stand up and said, "Now then... Where should I start...?"

I want her to ask why she didn't save me so fast even with that power of hers, but I managed to put those words in my throat and asked something else, "Why are the Liberta is targeting you?"

From the beginning to the end, not one of them has ever tried to kill her. They did attack her, but it was not enough to kill a person. The only person they ever tried to kill is me, the witness of the incident and kidnap Corrine.

Second, Corrine was confident that Liberta would not kill her but was worried about the fact that I might be killed, therefore, she suggested me to escape and leave her behind.

Liberta's target is Corrine but I still don't know why they targeted her. She may be proficient in the fight but it was not enough to threaten them.

She holds something important connected to Liberta.

"Since birth, I was told by my parents than any other kids. My father and mother tried to hide me from society as much as they can after discovering my magic. They have done everything the could such as sealing my magic since it was too dangerous" 

I see... The reason why it took a while for her to cast magic is that it was sealed in the first place... 

Corrine's parents, do you know I almost died? It is better for her to be trained than to not know anything about it.

 "And this magic... does it have a connection with Liberta?" I asked.

"Yes. After all... it is the key to annihilating magic"

"What?!" I stood up and look at her direction. I just couldn't believe what I just heard.

What could have possibly had the power to annihilate magic?

She then asnwered my question, "My magic is the creation and destruction of everything. As long as I am able to analyze it, I could almost do anything"

I couldn't move. I just couldn't.

To think such being exists... A person like that exist...

I can already foresee the future.

The power to create anything... the power to destroy everything...

Any person would want her at their watch. As long as they have her, everything they want will happen. 

Yet what lies ahead on her path is nothing but a tragedy. A path filled with blood and death.

"How pitiful. You're much than me" I muttered.

Many have pitied me because of this curse. I myself also pitied my own being. I have always envied everyone around me for being able to do what they want. I was stuck inside the house for a long time.

"Yeah, you should pity me, a person who has to suffer a lot because of this power" she said as she bragged the fact that it was only natural.

Tsk, what a narcist person. I shouldn't have pitied you.

"You have shown true self," I said with a smile. 

"Shut up. As if I didn't see you smiling as kill them even when heavily injured" she said.

Did I smile unconsciously? Maybe I did. I guess I am still a soldier at heart. It's been a long time since I last battled.

"Hahaha..." I laughed, not minding her insult, "I guess we are both weird, aren't we?"

"Of course we are. I mean, it was so obvious I would reincarnate and become one of the op characters"

What?