Andrew always spoke in a manner that made one laugh. Apart from his funny looks, made funnier by his bald head, his peculiar way of flogging issues got people amused. He always lamented no matter the topic discussed.

"I see. I must bend down to listen to them better," I said, teasingly.

"Look, opportunity lost can never be regained. You are still hot now, so catch the vibes."

With his serious outlook, one would think he was discussing government policies. He signalled to the waiter to come around. "Give me another glass and top up for my guys too."

"See, Vivian is begging for attention. That girl is hot like fire. I've been trying, but she likes you more. So, go for her."

"You don't mean it?" I said, raising my brows.

He pushed forward in his chair and cleared his throat.

"This is PE! Ladies don't waste time here. If they are interested in you, sweep them off their feet. Otherwise, they will turn against you and, take it from me, it will backfire big time."

Their depiction of ladies in the school sounded strange. So far, the female teachers had been cooperative and supportive of me.

Vivian interacted with me well, and the vice-principal had been motherly. If at all, only Mrs Avo, who, in her characteristic boisterous manner, always tended to provoke me. But being aware of her kind of person, I wound not fall for her antics.

"Guys, thank you for your updates. My stay in your school is short. If I would be here for long, having a lady by my side will be a priority. But, just as you know, I'm too busy for such. Whenever I return home from school, I'm usually too tired to do anything. I only want to sleep off."

"Are you trying to tell us that you won't go for any of the ladies in our school? Teachers or students?" Andrew asked as he lifted a glass off the table.

Having been teaching there for eleven years, he was the most experienced of the lot. His voice was the loudest and others sought his advice on different issues. He made it look compulsory to take the girls.

"Don't get me wrong, man. I'm not saying that there are no cool babes in your school. I've seen how beautiful they are. But, I just don't have spare time for them."

The stubborn chap wouldn't back down. Maybe the booze took him over and spurred him on, or one of the school female teachers hired him to convince me on her behalf.

"Jack. Don't tell me that the jumping and running around you do with your students are all for nothing. You don't sample them after school?"

"No. I won't do that."

"You are kidding me. I thought you fixed the evening lessons for you to have enough space to operate."

"Not at all. All that we do is school work."

"You must be Pope John Paul's younger brother."

The guys broke into fits of laughter. I joined.

Engrossed in the discussion, Andrew beckoned on the waiter again. "Hey, give this man another shot. Get him another glass and fill it up. He's not drinking enough." The rays from the disco lights reflected on his head giving him a weird look.

To think that this guy didn't talk much in the staffroom was strange. His bravado melted off where an amazon like Mrs Avo was vibrating.

Why he found it surprising that I chose not to date anyone baffled me. Obviously, he dated the school girls, and the others did too.