Seventy

For the first time in my life, Rob looked worried. He covered his fear well, but I saw him gulp and take a shaky breath. "Dominic, listen to me-"

"You're a liar!" Dominic yelled and aimed his gun at Rob. I took this moment to make my way over to Eli and uncuff him.

"Things are getting interesting," he muttered and I ripped off some of his shirt and pressed it to his second gun wound. I gave him a look and turned back to Rob.

"Blake had a twin," I said.

"He died," Beth spoke up. She was still staring at Dominic with wide eyes. "He died in the car crash with our parents."

"That's what Rob wanted you to think," I scoffed and shook my head. "You just love ruining families, don't you?"

"I've done everything you've wanted, all the people I've killed, all the horrible things I've done! Just to stop you from harming my brother who you don't even have!" Dominic hissed.

"You once did what I asked of you without needing any persuasion."

"Because you're a sick, manipulative bastard!" Dominic growled. "I grew up thinking my family was dead. You practically raised me to be a murderer! When I found out the truth you threatened Blake's life! You stopped me from approaching Beth, my little sister, because I thought you would kill Blake!"

"It's amazing what lies some people will believe," Rob said. I was looking between Rob and Dominic, my brain wanted to explode. I was not expecting this.

"What about Blake?" I asked. "Why does he stand by you?"

"Because of the same reason Dominic did as I said," Rob said. "He found out about his supposedly dead brother, and if he didn't do as I wanted, I said I would kill Dominic. It's amazing what two brothers would do for each other after not seeing each other for years."

I made my way to the end of the line of our agents and started to unlock their handcuffs. Emma was first. I was trying to process this new information. "So, everything he's done for you, was just to stop you from killing his brother? He wasn't actually on your side?"

"He's loyal to you, and his family," Rob said and scoffed. "As soon as he found out about his brother he tried to kill me, this wasn't long before your mission, but we soon came to an agreement that meant I didn't kill Dominic."

"You're disgusting," I spat and moved along the line to Adam who was next. I looked down at his wrists and frowned. He had no handcuffs restraining him. "Adam, what-" It all happened in a blur. Adam stood up and spun round to face me. Pain exploded in my stomach and the wind was knocked out of me as I stumbled backward. I managed to stay upright, but my stomach wound oozed more and more blood. I looked at Adam in shock. His bloody fist was clenched tightly around a gun that was aimed right at me. "What are you doing?"

"I was wondering when you were going to stop in," Rob said. Dominic fell to the ground suddenly, a knife sticking out of his thigh. Adam reached down and swiped the gun out of his hands.

"I'm going to kill you," Dominic growled, glaring at Rob who was holding another knife in his hand. I flinched when Rob threw the second knife into Dominic's other leg. Beth cried out.

"You've been playing us," I gasped. I didn't even want to look at Adam.

He shrugged his shoulders. "It's nothing personal."

"You fucking piece of shit!" Eli shouted. He tried to stand, but his wounds were weakening him. I looked at him worriedly. He was becoming very pale and sweaty.

"How could you?" I asked Adam.

"You stand by your father, I stand by mine," Adam said. "Put your arms above your head, Daisy. And Emma, don't even think you have a chance against me." He looked at Emma who was the only other agent who was uncuffed apart from Eli and me. "Hands, Daisy, now. You may be injured, but I know what you're capable of. Hands up!"