Sixty Six

I checked my phone for the 7th time. Only 2 minutes had passed. I sighed and looked at the piece of paper in my hand; it was a list of all the agents we had to see tomorrow. As well as Hunter's name on it there was also Joey's, Oli's and Erik's.

I sighed again and rechecked my phone. It was 3:02am, and I had yet to sleep. The nerves were getting to me and I hated it. I never worried about a mission, I never got stressed, even when things went wrong, but right now... I was a mess.

I looked up across the hall when Eli's door opened. I couldn't stand Emma's horrific snoring so I had retreated to the hallway and sat down against the wall.

"What are you doing out here, Princess?" Eli asked groggily as he walked out of the room. He pushed his messy blond hair away from his face.

"I couldn't sleep," I said.

"Nerves?" Eli wondered and I gave him a look. "You'll be fine. This will all be over soon."

"I hate feeling this way," I muttered.

Eli sighed and sat down next to me, wrapping his arm around me. I moved closer to him and rested my head against his his shoulder. "I won't leave your side," Eli promised.

"Is that meant to comfort me?" I said dry.

Eli rolled his eyes but smirked. "I know it does, Princess."

"I want this day to be over," I groaned.

"It will be soon," Eli murmured. "Have you had any sleep at all?"

I shook my head and Eli stood up, holding out his hand. "What?" I asked.

"Take my hand," Eli said.

"Why?"

"Just take my damn hand," he said and pulled me up when I placed my hand in his. "Come on," he said quietly and led me into his room. He lifted his top over his head and got into his bed, pulling me with him.

"Eli-"

"You need sleep," he murmured and I laid down next to him.

"I don't think I'm going to be able too," I whispered. My back was to him and I could feel his breath tickling my neck.

"You will," he said lowly and wrapped his arms around me.

I sighed and closed my eyes, letting Eli's arms comfort me. He was right. I soon fell asleep, safe in his arms.

*

I did sleep. Peacefully.

I was stirred awake when Eli moved beside me and I groaned, rubbing my eyes when an alarm clock blared loudly in the room.

"Fuck," I mumbled and buried my head into Eli's chest. Sometime during the night our position had clearly changed.

"Good morning to you too, princess," Eli grumbled and chucked slightly. "Tom, turn your fucking alarm off."

"Give me a bloody chance," Tom called and there was shuffling before the alarm was silenced.

"Wake me up when today is over," I said and closed my eyes.

"Come on," Eli said and nudged me. "If we don't get up then we won't get everything done." Eli sat up and I sighed when he pulled me up as well.

"Oh," Tom said, noticing me. "She's in your bed and you're still moody in the morning, you can't win, can you?"

"Piss off, Tom," Eli said with a chuckle and threw his pillow at Tom.

"I better go get ready," I said and stood up, stretching my arms over my head. "We've got a fun filled day ahead."