Twenty Three

"Daisy," Blake whispered. "You awake?"

"No," I grumbled and Blake chuckled, shutting his door behind him and crawling onto his bed.

"Food's downstairs," he said into my ear and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest.

"Not hungry," I sighed and cuddled up to him.

"You need to eat."

"Not hungry," I repeated and Blake played with my hair.

"How you feeling?" Blake asked.

"Wonderful."

"I'm sorry," Blake sighed. "I'm sorry you hate it here."

"I don't hate it here, I hate the Agency," I mumbled. "I don't mind it here with you guys, minus a few exceptions."

Blake chuckled. "Daisy, you're not heartless," he said after a silence. "I know you think you are because you don't feel guilty about killing people, but you're not. You care. When it matters you do. That one little boy shouldn't put you off."

"It was horrible seeing him," I whispered. "Guilt is horrible."

"I know."

"I hate not feeling guilty, but then I hate feeling it at the same time," I said with a sarcastic laugh. "That's fucked up."

"It was a little boy, that's the only reason why you felt guilty," Blake said. "If it was a middle aged man witnessing it would it make you feel guilty?"

"I don't think so," I admitted.

"He was a cute, little kid," Blake shrugged. "That's the only reason it affected you that way."

"I can't know that for sure."

"Then you'll have to prove it," Blake said.

"No, I'm not killing someone," I frowned.

"What if it was that Emma girl?" Blake chuckled.

"Give me a gun and I'll do it now," I joked.

"Is she the bitch you complained about from school?" Blake asked.

"You should become a detective," I said sarcastically. "If she even breaths in my direction I will rip her ugly fake nails out and stab them into her eyes."

"You won't hurt her," Blake said.

"You won't always be around to stop me," I shrugged.

"Oh really?" Blake said. "Come on, get up. You've paid for this pizza so you might as well eat some of it."

"I'm not in the mood to see people."

"When are you ever?" Blake teased.

"Touché," I nodded and I groaned when Blake pulled me upright.

"Get up," he said and when I didn't move he shoved me off the bed.

"Twat," I groaned and looked up at him. "I hate you."

"No you don't," he chuckled and held his hand out to me.

I glared at him, but took his hand and let him pull me up. "What are the new people like?" I asked and grabbed one of his hoodies that was lying on the side in his room.

"Noah and Joey are chill. I see why you like Joey so much," Blake said as I pulled the hoodie over my head. "Emma hasn't said much, but I'm not keen on her. Dante is an arrogant git."

"He'll fit in well," I scoffed and Blake hit me on the back of the head.

"We're not arrogant."

"I beg to differ," I shrugged and walked out of Blake's room. I gasped when Blake grabbed me and swung me over his shoulder. "Blake!" I exclaimed. "Put me down, you dick!"