Somewhere Only We Know - 18

Start from the beginning

Jace had gone to get me some water and Flynn was sitting in a chair at the end of the bed. He looked like he was having a hard time processing the information.

"I thought your brother was dead."

"So did I."

"How did he talk to you though? That is what I don't understand. Are you sure this wasn't just a vivid dream? You did just go through something traumatic."

I shrugged. "He is a witch."

"Yes Anna, but you're a shifter. I've studied this. Witches can go into people's minds and dreams, yes. But they wouldn't only be able to communicate with another Witch... are you sure this was real?"

I gulped. Only another Witch. "Yes, yes I am sure."

Flynn looked at me skeptically, as if I was hiding something. Which I was. I do not know why I am still hiding that we *think* I am a half-Witch.

Jace came back into the room holding my glass of water. I looked up at him with hopeful eyes. "So do you believe me?" Please believe me.

Jace sighed. "Yes, and even if this all isn't true, it is a good idea to get everyone prepared." He handed me the water and I took a big gulp.

"Why don't we put out a meeting for an hour? We obviously cannot meet in the same room as last time, but we can meet in the large lounge. At least that way everyone can be comfortable. It is also at the center of the house so we may feel safer."

Flynn nods. "I'll put out the call." He leaves the room, leaving Jace and me alone.

I took a deep breath. From waking up and speaking with Jace and Flynn, I know I do not have to hide the truth from them, however, I do not want to deal with this new realization about myself right now. I have about 500 unanswered questions in my mind and I want the basic answers before I start exploring the rest of them.

But this is Jace.

I did briefly think about turning into a bird and flying my way out of speaking, but I needed to tell him. He would be so hurt if he did not hear it from me.

"So, during the attack... I think I found out something about myself. We are not sure, but Elizabeth said it would explain my dress. Flynn also said something that would explain why Kyle was able to contact me."

I stopped. It was like something was stopping me from getting the words out. Jace took the water glass from my hands and placed it on the counter. He covered my hands with his.

"You're shaking Annabelle."

I took a deep breath. "I am a half-Witch. I don't know what this means. Jace, I don't even know who I am anymore?! I barely knew who I was before. I barely even know what it means to be a Shifter and now I might have to be a Witch too? This is just all... Soo.. much."

I take a deep breath. Don't cry, Annabelle.

"Kitten. It is going to be okay. We are going to figure this out. We have already figured out so much together." He pulled me into his chest.

If Jace was shocked, he didn't show it. "Thank you for telling me," he said kissing my head.

"Did you know?"

"I knew you had a secret, but it was yours to keep, and not mine to pry out of you."

"Thank you," I said, grateful for him.

"For so long I had been controlled by my father. I tried to control the people around me because I had no control over my own life. I tried to control you. You are not my property Annabelle. You are free to be your person and tell me what you want when you want. I am sorry if I seemed frustrated."

I smiled, "you were frustrated because you wanted to know anyway."

He chuckled, "yes, because even though I am not going to control you, I wanted to know anyways."

I giggled.

"There's that laugh I love so much," he smiled down at me and pulled my mouth to his. It was nice to just have this moment with him. His warm lips on mine.

My body heated up, compensating for his cold one. He moved from beside me and hovered over top of me as we continued to kiss. His tongue slid along my bottom lip and I shivered.

I reached up and ran my hands through his hair.

He pushed down harder on my lips one last time and pulled away.

I groaned.

"Ya, I know," he said smirking.

I blushed. "Okay, let's get dressed. We have a revolution to plan."

He smiled, but this time it didn't reach his eyes. 

------

Annabelle

--

How is everyone feeling???? 6 more chapters!!!

Also 20 days till Christmas which freaks me out because I have SO much to do! Anyone else in the same boat?

Vote!

Comment!

Kalya <3

IG: Kaylajthewriter