there was love in the silence

a tired groan escaped my lips as my co-choreographer and i stretched out our legs against the hardwood floors of the studio

"i feel like my legs are going to fall off" i chuckle, and he laughs, nodding his head. 

"i feel like at this point, i can't even feel them anymore." he exclaims, making me throw my head back in laughter. 

i let out a painful groan as i stretched my body over my right leg.

"you good to keep going?" he asks, standing up from the floor and dusting himself off. 

"yeah. i'm good." i nod, pushing myself up from the ground and rolling my neck around. 

"luckily, we're almost done. if we weren't, i think i'd die."

"i think the contestants would die too." i snort, and he nods his head. 

"do you even remember who we're working with this season?" he asks, walking over to the stereo, turning his laptop back on. 

"not for the life of me." i say, shaking my head. 

"oh, before we start, i meant to ask if you wanted to film this for a video?"

"you mean the kyle hanagami wants me to do a video with him?" i gasp sarcastically, making him roll his eyes. 

"i retract my offer."

i laugh, nodding my head and throwing my sweat stained shirt into the front of the room.

"i'd definitely be down for that." 

"down for what?"

our heads snap over to the door of the studio where matt and kirsten stood, looking curiously at us. 

"hey!" i smile, shaking my hair out of my face and skipping over to the pair by the door.

"gross, you're sweaty." kirsten grimaces, making me snort. 

"i'm very aware. we're almost done if you guys wanna stick around. oh my gosh, you haven't met kyle. he's my co-choreographer for the season." i say, motioning over to kyle who waves enthusiastically. 

"i would come over there and shake your guys' hands, but i'm trying to figure out how to work this damn thing." he says, furrowing his eyebrows and messing with the different wires. 

"he was asking if i'd shoot a video with him next week. that's what i was saying i was down for. and i-"

i'm quickly cut off with the beginning of the song blaring through the speakers. 

"jesus kyle. warning please!?" i shout, covering my ears.

"sorry!" he shouts, turning the volume down. 

"okay, we're just gonna run through the dance a couple more times. work out some kinks and then we can head out. is that cool with you guys?"

they both nod their heads and i grab matthew's hand, pulling him down so i could press a quick kiss to his lips. he pulls away, a smile on his lips and i shoo him off. he laughs and shakes his head, walking off to the back corner of the room where he sits against the wall next to kirsten.